Seth Hotel, Asaba Delta State in Nigeria is set to offer across comfort to luxury features top notch facilities that will make you feel the comfort and luxury whilst in Asaba. Among the facilities of this property are a bar, an LMG Lounge / Club with top DJs, restaurant, pool bar/terrace, room service and a shared lounge, along with free Wi-Fi throughout the property. The hotel has on site an outdoor swimming pool, fitness center, evening entertainment and a 24-hour front desk. All rooms come with air conditioning, a flat-screen TV with satellite channels, a fridge, a kettle, a shower, free toiletries, a working desk, wardrobe and a private bathroom.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Executive Chef
Location: Asaba, Delta
Employment Type: Full-time
- Ensure compliance with the approved inventory and stock management procedure i.e. inventory list, storage requirements, monthly stock reporting, and sign-off on requisition forms.
- Conduct regular stock audits and establish controls to minimize food and supply wastage and theft.
- Evaluate food products to be sure quality standards are met.
- Research on local and international dishes for inspiration in menu creation.
- Create / update menus bi-annually, for approval
- Advice on and standardizing menu portions.
- Develop standard recipes and techniques for food preparation and presentation for consistency.
- Streamline the food preparation process by maximizing the use of available kitchen equipment/resources
- To avoid a breakdown in operations, create a checklist for the regular, weekly, or monthly servicing of kitchen equipment e.g. ovens, refrigerators, coffee machines, deep fryers, dishwashers, etc.
- Train kitchen staff to adhere to all safety, sanitation, food
- preparation, food storage, and beverage control policies
- Cook and directly supervise food preparations; ensure they are done following best practices.
- Make sure food items are stored in an orderly manner and under the proper conditions to avoid contamination and wastage.
- The kitchen area and dining space should be pest-free, hence, ensure regular pest control methods are undertaken.
- Ensure that high standards of sanitation, cleanliness, and safety are maintained throughout all kitchen areas at all times.
- Ensure the kitchen is cleaned and sanitized at least twice weekly
- Ensure the kitchen is sufficiently staffed and all job roles are clearly defined and adequately covered.
- Manage staff scheduling, keep track of shifts, especially on special days/occasions and in-house events to ensure the workflow is undisturbed.
- Ensure all key functions are covered in every shift
Competency / Skill / Requirements
- Interested candidates should possess a B.Sc / HND in relevant fields
- 10 years experience and / or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Culinary expertise
- A deep understanding of ingredients.
- Knowledge and experience in menu planning and portion control
- Attention to details
- Supervisory and organizational skills.
- Applicants must reside in delta state especially in Asaba and environs or willing to relocate if applying from outside of Delta State
- Conversant with the health and safety requirements of a kitchen.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 30th November, 2021.