Medecins Sans Frontieres is a private, international organisation. The organisation is made up mainly of doctors and health sector workers and is also open to all other professions which might help in achieving its aims. Medecins Sans Frontieres Provides assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict. They do so irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Environmental Health Supervisor – Construction
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Contract Period: One (1) year Fixed term
- Supporting the Water, Hygiene and Sanitation (Watsan) Construction Manager in the implementation and supervision of Watsan construction activities, including tools and materials employed according to MSF standards and protocols, in order to establish Watsan infrastructure that will improve health and living conditions of the target population
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring the day-to-day implementation and administration of assigned Watsan activities at project level, including but not limited to, quality control of material and work done.
- Ensuring that the MSF procedures and protocols are followed by the contractors to guarantee the operational quality of the project.
- Monitor and ensure contractors adhere to minimum standards of Occupational health and safety practices, including waste management so as to enable delivery at quality standards.
- Monthly reports on program delivery progress and quality, including outcomes that meet organization reporting needs, including donor reports, photos, and other documentation.
- Participating in data collection and reporting as required
- Implement technical quality standards that ensure the efficiency and quality of the construction and installation process for potable water and wastewater. Validate technical designs, technical contracts, bill of quantities, and construction works.
- In coordination with logistics, ensure a supply chain of all necessary goods and services needed for construction and maintenance.
MSF Section / Context Specific Accountabilities
- Strong skills in managing and motivating contractors and direct reports, creating clear work plans, and ensuring the team reliably and proactively produces and communicates results.
- Experience contributing to funding proposals, budgets, logical frameworks, etc.
- Supervising and following up through regular visits the work of construction in order to ensure deadlines, budget and technical specifications and detect potential deviations.
- Negotiating agreements and permissions for water and wastewater reticulation construction, establishing regular contacts with local authorities, in order to ensure all required documentation is filled upon and avoid delays.
- Organising and supervising call of tender activities in order to ensure the best technical and financial conditions.
- Performing delegated tasks according to his/her speciality as described in the job description.
- Experiencing developing and managing Bills of Quantities and construction contracts.
- Experience in working at a construction and plumbing site.
- Good team management, coordination and communication skills.
- Project management and site management experience.
- Ability to think quickly to respond to immediate requests.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant fields.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application including Cover Letter, Resume and Copy of relevant Degrees, Certificates and NYSC Certificate / Exemption to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Send a Hard Copy of the documents to:
No 14, Tennessee Crescent,
Off Panama, Maitama,
- Please note only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interview; MSF Belgium takes this opportunity to thank all potential candidates for their application.
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer; both men and women are encouraged to apply.
- The following vacancy is open to all residents of Nigeria.
Application Deadline 14th January, 2022.