Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Environment Mananger
Job Code: HSSE – 001
Location: Obajana, Kogi
Employment Type: Fulltime
- Implement and coordinate all environment activities at the plant.·
- Coordinate environmental monitoring activities and enforce compliance to regulations
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, implement and maintain a consistent strategy to the management of environmental issues in the plant.
- Ensure continual reduction of environmental Risks associated with OCPs operations, to as low as reasonable practicable (ALARP).
- Champion Environmental issues in the plant.
- Manage, direct and inspire a team of independent professionals in the field of industrial environmental management.
- Investigating environmental incidence to identify the root causes and measures to forestall future occurrences.
- Shall act as DCP Regulatory compliance adviser and shall advice and direct DCP management on acceptable environmental standard and ensure compliance.
- To establish processes and targets for incorporating environmental and safety standards into DCP business so as achieve business and corporate objectives.
- Offer specialist advice on environmental issues to DCP MANAGEMENT
- Support the development and implementation of environmental management as parts of HSE management system in line with DCP policies.
- Shall offer advice specific environmental issues during operation and maintenance on waste handling storage and disposals.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Environmental Sciences.
- Professional qualifications from an HSE body such as British Safety Council (BSC), Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH), Nigeria Institute of Safety professionals (ISPON) and NEBOSH.
- Membership of Safety professional body such as IOSH and ISPON.
- Minimum 18years relevant work experience.
Skills and Behaviours:
- Adequate knowledge of the cement and manufacturing industries.
- Very good knowledge of OHSAS 18001 & ISO 14001, and ISO 9001 will be an advantage.
- Strong leadership and managerial skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Adequate knowledge of Safety and Environmental management requirements & regulations.
- Adequate knowledge of environmental monitoring and sampling techniques.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training and Development
How to Apply
Interested and qualfied candidates should:
Click here to apply