The People Practice – Our client is a Digital Financial Service Provider that consistently goes the extra mile to improve the financial security of our consumers. By merging deep consumer insights and cutting-edge technology, we have built a range of carefully tailored products that improve the quality of your life. They provide solutions that cater to today, while also securing tomorrow. Their vision is to be the preferred digital financial solutions provider, with a reputation for innovation and trustworthiness. They believe that life should be lived to the fullest.
They are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Engineering Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
Department: Digital and Innovation
- The Engineering Manager will help manage existing data resources, implement new technologies and tooling to further enable science and analytics, as well as help drive scalable data sharing practices. In this role, you will split your time between hands-on development and managerial activities.
- You will own data environments, integrate with new technologies, and oversee the development of new processes that support teams across the global organisation.
- You will gather requirements through direct interaction with business, science, as well as software development teams.
- You will track the performance of our resources and related capabilities, constantly evolving our offering to scale our capability set with the growth of the business and needs of our customers.
- Manage team members with different skill sets and technical areas of focus
- Encourage a data-driven culture to improve the efficiency, scalability, and stability of our products
- Support engineers in identifying, resolving and escalating issues that impact their work
- Manage and track engineers on performance and career development
- Mentor and coach the engineers and ensure their success
- Encourage and promote best engineering practices
Provide Technical Leadership and Guidance:
- Unblock engineers on complex issues via pair programming and design sessions
- Make technology choices working with the team members
- Drive issue resolution and ensure production system uptime.
- Review architecture and design approaches for the engineering team
- Provide scoping and estimation feedback to the business
Manage, Measure and Improve Engineering Processes:
- Continuously improves our software development lifecycle processes
- Improve release planning and sprint execution
- Drive prioritization and issue resolution approaches
- Refine onboarding and offboarding processes for engineering team members
Collaborate with key Stakeholders with and Across Departments:
- Ensure collaboration with Engineer leadership and across Engineering teams
- Advocate for and ensure prioritization of technical initiatives working with Product Managers.
- Engage with users and key stakeholders to understand problems and requirements
- Identify potential candidates that best fit our roles (e.g. team leads, senior engineers)
- Interview and evaluate prospective talent to ensure fit
- Facilitate onboarding of new hires
- Support budget alignment and monitoring and adherence of responsibilities.
- All other duties and responsibilities as may be required by the Chief Technology Officer.
- The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in an appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in tech-enabled product environments that rely on data and technology to produce products that ultimately change consumer behaviour preferences.
- Demonstrated experience as a respected and credible leader with success in leading a team.
- Evidence of strong operational and systems thinking skills.
- Demonstrated collaborative style with the ability to influence the team and build strong relationships across various internal executive stakeholders and constituents.
- A self-starter who will enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Strong business acumen with an innate drive to deliver results.
- Proven track record of sharing outcomes through written communication, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
- Teambuilder: Leads by example, inspires team, respected for technical capability.
About Your Expertise:
- 5+ Years of Data Warehouse Experience with GCP, BigQuery, PostgreSQL, etc.
- Experience with a platform deployed to GCP, using a modern CI/CD pipeline (Docker, Kubernetes, and CircleCI).
- Coding proficiency in Python
- Experience with cloud compute provisioning, forecasting computer usage, and securing cloud data warehouses.
- Demonstrated strength in SQL, data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing
- Experience in maintaining data warehouse systems and working on large scale data transformation using DBT (Data Build Tool), Airflow, GCP, BigQuery, or other Big Data technologies
Here is What We Bring to the Table
- You get to live the #Life and work in a dynamic, innovative and rewarding environment.
- Yes, rewarding. Our compensation packages are competitive.
- We offer a robust medical plan.
- Well-rounded personal development experience – you also get room to grow for and by yourself.
- Our offices are great. The ambience, the environment, the people! We love it and hope you will too.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply