West Africa Container Terminal (WACT) is one of the first green field container terminal to be built in Nigeria under public private partnership. WACT is located in Onne port (some 30kms from Port-Harcourt) in Rivers State. We have been successfully connecting East, North, West Central Nigeria and Rivers state to the world.
We run a profitable business that has been made possible through top-quality services, cordial business relations with customers, regular interaction with stakeholders, human resource development, modern handling equipment and superior e-commerce capabilities.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Employee Relations Specialist
Location: Onne, Rivers
- Responsible for the collection of relevant labour relations data and for providing information and expert counsel and guidance
- Supports in establishing a positive and engaging workplace culture by effectively facilitating and resolving employee relations matters.
- Provides day-to-day advice and counsel to managers on a wide range of employee relations issues including progressive counselling, performance management, company policies and procedures.
- Serves as a trusted advisor to Managers and HR team, consults, advises, coaches, educates and provides decision making support to the business on a variety of employee relations issues.
- Make recommendations based on assessment of trend and root cause analysis.
- Assist in executing certain collective bargaining and/or union activities, including agreements.
- Mediate any issues of conflict that may have been escalated due to differences between management; union and employees.
- Track and ensure compliance against labuor legislative requirements and conditions of employment.
- Maintains a database of key contacts, important to the work of employee relations.
- Manage relationship with external labuor providers ensuring that such providers are legislatively compliant.
- Identifies and recommends strategies to address current and future employee relations and retention needs.
- Mitigates risk by ensuring compliance with APM Terminals policies & local labuor laws.
- Evaluates and reviews employee related decisions in response to employee concerns.
- Identifies, analyses and implements resolutions to complex and sensitive issues in a timely and professional manner.
- Leads and conducts investigations regarding potential misconduct and policy violations.
- Supports the outcome of cases throughout partnership with the business.
- Supports the organization with legislatively compliant implementation of initiatives.
- Uses metrics to highlight trends and develop strategies to foster positive employee relations.
- Requires a university degree or its equivalent in Human Resources, Personnel Management or in other disciplines such as Public Administration, Business Administration or other Management Science disciplines.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in HR, especially on employee/labour relations
- Self-starting, taking initiatives to influence events to achieve goals.
- Well-organised, timely, and persistent.
- Effective teamwork – inside and outside own organisation and authority lines.
- Should possess a strong work ethic and integrity.
- You should have excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills (both written and oral). In addition, you should have organisational and time management skills including multi-tasking, prioritising, and the ability to plan work activities efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Professional Certification in HR – CIPM, PHRi, SHRM etc will be an added advantage
- Expert knowledge of the Labour Law.
- Substantial knowledge and usage of Microsoft Office Tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 18th July, 2021.