Dreams by DV8 Hotel is a luxury hotel located in premier city of Surulere Lagos. “To treat a stranger as one of our own” characterizes the hospitality one can expect from Dreams By DV8 Hotel. Discerning members will enjoy world-class service amidst tranquil surroundings, coupled with contemporary architecture and design.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Duty Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Responsibilities / Description
- Manage and monitor activities of all employees making sure they adhere to the standards of excellence and to the guidelines set in the employee handbook, uphold and enforce hotel policies and procedures, coaching, training and correcting where needed as well as ensuring all employees perform the tasks assigned to them efficiently and diligently
- Act as manager on duty for the hotel in the absence of the Departmental Supervisors dealing with complaints, problem solving, disturbances, special requests and any other issues that may arise..
- Work with management to assess and improve processes and policies
- Schedule regular maintenance and cleaning of facilities
- Meet regularly with upper management to stay informed on company issues.
- Assists in all aspects of the department including but not limited to operations and planning in accordance with hotel policies and procedures.
- Address employee complaints or performance issues as needed
- Address customer issues and complaints
- Direct and oversee all hotel operations to ensure guest satisfaction and safety.
- Check accommodations, making sure any special requests are carried out accordingly, greet guests upon arrival and ensure escort to accommodations if appropriate while ensuring all requirements are met during our guests stay.
- Maintain a professional and high quality service oriented environment at all times.
- Should Show Initiative, Problem Solving, Staff Training, Team Leading.
- Work closely with the Housekeeping Department to improve guest services and foster cross departmental communication.
- Monitor and develop team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision, scheduling, assigning nightly work, conducting training, conducting counseling and evaluations and delivering recognition and also reward.
- Work experience as a Duty Manager or similar management role
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Availability to work in shifts including weekends.
- Experience in the hospitality industry highly preferred
- Customer service experience
- Knowledge of finance management and bookkeeping procedures
- Experience with facilities maintenance and/or security
- Team management skills
- Strong organizational skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 14th October, 2021.