Sightsavers is an international organisation that changes lives for the long term. We work in more than 30 countries to eliminate avoidable blindness and support people with visual impairments to live independently.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver and Admin Assistant
Contract: 12 month/year fixed term contract
About the Role
- We are seeking a Driver and Admin Assistant to support the national Trachoma programme for field work as part of the NTD elimination project in Nigeria.
- As the Driver and Admin Assistant you will also support and ensure the maintenance and safety of assigned vehicles at all times and to perform clerical duties in support of the country office.
The Driver and Admin Assistant key duties and accountabilities include:
- Drive safely within the laws of the country at all times and with respect for other road users pedestrians.
- Act as driver for project staffs, partner and other stakeholders to carry out all official duties.
- Check fuel, oil and water daily and fill up as necessary.
- Maintain liaison with officials of Ministry of Health, immigration and embassies for staff entry visa’s and renewal of passports and work permits.
- Assist in picking up invoices for procuring logistics.
- Assist with the organisation of various office events (seminar, plenaries, meetings, workshops, Away Days etc)
- Undertake photocopying, scanning and filing as and when required.
- Keep vehicles in a clean condition inside and outside.
- Check tyres, logbooks, tools, etc. and test drive each vehicle once a week.
- Undertake routine maintenance of vehicles, including simple repairs.
- Perform other admin duties as required.
- This is a highly varied and involved role and the above is not an exhaustive list of duties or required professional skills. Please see the Job Description for full details.
- As the successful candidate you will possess a Trade Test Certificate, have previous experience as a Driver with administration duties.
- Background in working for an NGO, and have good written and spoken English skills.
Local Terms and Conditions apply.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 16th October, 2022.
- We anticipate that interviews will take place during the week commencing 31 October 2022 and the evaluation process will include a driving test and oral interview.
- You will be asked to present your driving licence and relevant certificates on the day of your test and interview.
- To apply for this exciting new opportunity, please complete an application via our recruitment portal. We are particularly interested in learning of your motivations for applying.
- As an equal opportunity employer, we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Sightsavers is a Disability Confident Leader and qualified people living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply