Ajayi Crowther University, Oyo, Nigeria is a licensed faith based University since year 2005 by the National Universities Commission (NUC). It is owned by Supra West Board of Church of Nigeria (Anglican Communion).
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Director of Works and Services
Responsibilities and Duties
The incumbent shall head the Directorate of Works and Services of the University and be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-running of the Directorate. Functions of the Directorate include:
- The day to day management of physical and infrastructural facilities in the University.
- Servicing of physical structures and supervision of existing structures to ensure quality standards and maintenance in the University.
- Keeping inventory of University property as may be required for inspection and services.
- Carrying out its statutory duties and responsibilities subject to reporting and direction of University Management and the approval of the Vice-Chancellor
Qualifications and Experience
The candidate for the vacant post should have:
- Obtained a good honours Degree with a minimum of Second Class Lower Division either in Civil Engineering. Electrical Electronic Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or my relevant degree from a recognized institution.
- Be registered and certified as a member of relevant professional body i.e.
- NSE COREN with a current practicing license Possession of higher degree is an added advantage alongside being ICT.
- Attained the rank of a Deputy Director or its equivalent in the University system or tertiary institution with minimum of eighteen (18) years post qualification working experience.
- Possess a NYSC Discharge Exemption Exclusive Certificate.
Requirements of Office, Salary and Conditions of Service
- Applicant must be proactive with high integrity, moralind poedinterpersonal relations and able to provide competent professional leadership in the Directorate to command respect and loyalty of staff Herb must appreciate the complexity of University system and enjoy good mental physical health Candidates should not be above 60 years at the time of assumption of office.
- The salary and conditions of service is as applicable under the University Law as determined from time to time by the University’s Govering Council.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit twenty (20) copies of their Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae (CV) and Credentials using the following format:
- Full name with Surname in Capital letter
- Post Desired and Department
- Date of birth town and state of origin
- Religion and Denomination
- Current Postal Address
- Permanent Address (with Telephone No)
- Marital Status
- Name and ages of children
- Institutions attended with dates
- Academic Qualifications
- Working Experience
- Present employment, status and salary band
- List of publications in details
- Extra-Curricular Activities
- Name & Address of Referees
The Post to be filled should be on the top-left corner of the sealed envelope, addressed and submitted to:
Ajayi Crowther University,
- Twenty (20) copies of the Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae (CV) and Credentials must be accompanied by the Referee’s Report / Confidential Report in a sealed envelope.
- Two (2) Referees must be authorities in the field of work with verifiable professional academic, moral and spiritual references as prerequisites for shortlisting
Application Deadline 9th November, 2022.