Heartland Alliance Limited / GTE (HA) is an indigenous non-governmental organization established to address the human rights needs of vulnerable persons in the society.
Heartland Alliance Limited / Gte has an upcoming five-year, USAID-funded program on Accelerating Control of the HIV Epidemic in Nigeria (ACE) activity. The program sites for the ACE project, cluster 6 are Bayelsa, Lagos, and Edo States.
Thus, we invite applications from qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director of Finance and Operations
- The DFO will be the lead expert for financial management as well as for administrative, human resource and logistics management. S/he is responsible for overseeing project accounting and finance/budget management, along with project operations, in line with USAID policies.
- This includes being responsible for efficient resource deployment and use, program accounting arid financial reporting systems, cost-share and related reporting and ensuring compliance with USAID financial and accounting rules and regulations. This position reports directly to the Chief-of-Party.
Summary of Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain financial management responsibility for the project
- Prepare financial reports and analyses for Heartland Alliance leadership monthly and USAID/NG quarterly.
- Oversee the implementation of sub-contracts and sub-grants to ensure operational integrity and financial accountability.
- Develop and manage monthly, quarterly, and annual budgets.
- Prepare periodic financial analyses and manage cash flow
- Improve the operational systems, processes, and policies in support of organization’s mission.
- Coordinate across and work to improve the quality of operational services (human resources, contracts, legal, logistics, budgeting, IT, etc.), through understanding current systems and working collaboratively with the teams to improve each function to respond to increases in scale.
- Regular and ongoing communication with Chief of Party, providing counsel and vision for operational planning.
- Manage operational staff in human resources, IT, logistics, administration, and sub award management.
- Play a significant role in long-term planning, including an initiative geared toward operational excellence.
- Manage the organization’s security systems, including ensuring the phone tree and Security plan are updated and liaise frequently with HALO’s Security Officer as needed to ensure risk and security management of all the HALO offices.
- Serve as primary liaison to legal counsel in addressing legal issues.
- Oversee organizational insurance policies.
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree in Finance, Business Administration or a closely related field. An ACAIACCA/CPA, or other recognized professional accounting qualification is a must
- Demonstrated understanding, experience and competency in working with community-led organizations and community leaders;
- Demonstrated written, presentation, communication and organizational skills in English.
- In-depth knowledge of financial software applications, including QuickBooks and others.
- A minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible experience in overseeing financial operations and management of large-scale, complex development activities in developing countries;
- A minimum of 5 years of experience overseeing the procurement administration and financial management and expertise with USAID financial reporting and compliance requirements.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: recruitme[email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: That this roles is contingent on award of the programme
Application Deadline 6th September, 2021.