Mono is building the critical layer for Africa, across data and payment using open banking. Our easy-to-use API enables developers to connect with their end users’ financial accounts to retrieve account details, transactions, and move money in a manner that is reliable, performant, and fair than anything else available.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Developer Relations Engineer – Documentation (DevRel)
Employment type: Full Time
- Documentation is currently our team’s biggest focus, but it’s not the only focus. As a Developer Relations Engineer at Mono, you’ll balance your time between ensuring our documentation is clear, robust, and up-to-date, while also taking on other projects to engage with the Mono developer community and demonstrate our commitment to a world-class developer experience. And as one of the first hires onto this new team, you’ll have the opportunity to set direction and take on our most impactful projects.
- Experience with software development and using a variety of APIs
- Excellent writing skills, a strong eye for detail, and the ability to create clear, concise, and accurate documentation
- Direct experience engaging with external developers (e.g. through open source projects, working in Developer Relations, conducting API user research, or similar) is a plus
- Experience designing APIs is a plus
- 3+ years industry experience in a technical role such as Developer Relations Engineer, Software Engineer, API Product Manager, API Documentation Specialist, Developer Support Engineer, Solutions Engineer, etc.
- Creating and editing technical documentation for Mono’s APIs, client libraries, and SDKs
- Creating and describing sample code and applications to demonstrate the Mono API
- Creating other media aimed at our developer audiences, such as blog posts, talks, or videos
- Engaging with the Plaid developer community via social media and (post-COVID) in person
- Representing a developer’s perspective internally to ensure Mono APIs, client libraries, and SDKs meet developer needs
- Stock options
- Flexible working hours
- Remote friendly
- Access to mental health service
- Health Insurance
- Training Budget
- Team building events
- Bank holidays swap inside the same month
- Fitness/ wellness stipends
- Yearly offsite
- Fresh fruit every week, all-you-can-drink tea and coffee
- Free lunch
- Friday happy hours
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Instructions – Read Carefully!
- To apply, click the “Apply for this job” button. Please make sure you proofread everything as we are a company that really cares about attention to detail!
- Once you’re done applying, please complete this Assessment Test. Take your time to get ready; it takes 15 minutes to complete but it’s a little challenging and fast-paced.