Alfred & Victoria Associates is one of Nigeria’s leading ICT solution based company. Our company offers a wide range of services which are in high demand of today’s emerging market. AVA has three major arms which have been streamlined to meet our customer’s needs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Design Mechanical Engineer (AutoCAD, Draftsman)
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Design engineers are responsible for the research and design of a company’s new products and systems.
- They perform various tasks in an engineering department including drafting blueprints, creating test prototypes, and overseeing the manufacturing process
- Research and draft blueprints, engineering plans, and graphics.
- Develop test prototypes.
- Identify solutions to improve production efficiency.
- Coordinate with other engineers, management, and the creative department.
- Provide mechanical design and development new products for automotive equipment and industrial tools industry.
- Identify and procure appropriate process equipment.
- Investigate, develop and implement new process technologies of major scope.
- Develop and maintains relations with individuals and business units within or outside his/her organization.
- Provide leadership and management to design engineers group in performing HVAC system design.
- Record production details of small and large projects.
- Perform in team environment with engineers belonging to other disciplines and nationalities.
- Resolve problems and improve manufacturability and serviceability of products working with manufacturing and service personnel.
- Develop and recommend changes if any for manufacturing processes.
- Reduce product cost and improve design performance working with other groups on value engineering initiatives.
- Use design software to develop models and drawings of new products.
- Maintain existing engineering records and designs.
- Assess all engineering prototypes to determine issues or risks.
- Estimate cost limits and budgets for new designs.
- Supervise the manufacturing process of all designs.
- Assist moderately complex engineering assignments.
- Prepare engineering drawings.
- Utilize engineering field computer applications to read and interpret blueprints.
- Upgrade product and reduce service failures and cost consulting marketing personnel.
- Provide technical guidance to management if required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in design Engineering, Engineering, Product design, or relevant field.
- A minimum of 4 – 6 years experience in a similar role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Accurate and strong attention to detail.
- Proficient in MS Office and popular design software.
- Ability to multitask and manage time effectively.
Key Skills & Competencies:
- Strong maths and IT skills
- Written and oral communication
- Commercial awareness
- Excellent project management skills
- Time management and organisational skills
- A creative flair and design ability
- Good visual and spatial awareness
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their tailored CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Any application received after this will be automatically rejected
Application Deadline 3pm, Monday 7th June, 2021.