Heartland Alliance Limited / GTE (HA) is an indigenous non-governmental organization established to address the human rights needs of vulnerable persons in the society.
Heartland Alliance Limited / Gte has an upcoming five-year, USAID-funded program on Accelerating Control of the HIV Epidemic in Nigeria (ACE) activity. The program sites for the ACE project, cluster 6 are Bayelsa, Lagos, and Edo States.
Thus, we invite applications from qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Deputy Chief of Party Director
- The Deputy Chief of Party is responsible for supporting the overall USAID Accelerating Control of the HIV Epidemic in Nigeria (ACE) Activity management and providing technical leadership and over sight for task order implementation at the facility and community-level of HIV/AIDS and TB service delivery.
- S/he will deputize for the Chief of Party in her/his absence and will be primarily responsible for government engagement, advocacy.
Summary of Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as program technical lead and provide technical inputs into program activities, including program design, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation in coordination with the Chief of Party. Support research and innovations accelerated with improved impact on program implementation.
- Identify issues and risks related to project implementation in a timely manner, with recommendations for appropriate adjustments in programs and operations, that are subsequently implemented in response to USAID/Nigeria technical and managerial direction.
- Serve as alternate liaison to USAID, consortium partners, Government agencies, project stakeholders, other national and international stakeholders as well as other counterparts in the public and private sectors on the project.
- Ensure that program activities reflect best practices, including GON, PEPFAR, UNAIDS, and WHO guidelines.
- Supports the promotion of synergy between sub-awardees inputs and ensuring that the right partner skills are harnessed in the most efficient way to deliver targeted, effective, high-quality implementation
The following are the minimum qualifications required for the position:
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree in Public Health Administration, or Management Social Work, with a focus on public health, Social Sciences, or related field. A first degree in Medicine is preferred;
- A minimum of ten (10) years of professional work experience in the field of Public Health and HIV and TB service delivery programs.
- Demonstrated ability and competency to effectively work with community leaders and organizations, and effectively coordinate with a range of stakeholders including government, and other civil society organizations, and the private sector; Demonstrated working knowledge of U.S. Government program management regulations; and
- Demonstrated written, presentation, communication, and organizational skills in English.
- This should be inclusive of a minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in working on community engagement, mobilization, advocacy, or related activities under a United State Government (USG) funded activity that includes program planning, implementation, data use, monitoring and reporting.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: That this roles is contingent on award of the programme
Application Deadline 6th September, 2021.