The Tony Blair Institute (TBI) is a mission-driven not for profit organisation. We exist to equip political leaders and governments to build open, inclusive and prosperous societies. We work hard, every day, to make a difference. When governments work well they are able to create economic and social change in a way that promotes fairness, social justice and opportunity. We work relentlessly to support leader and governments with the challenges they face. Giving them practical solutions and actionable insights, that once implemented, can be transformative for their people.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Delivery Associate
Job Reference: tbigc/TP/5126/637
Contract Type: Fixed Term/Full Time
Contract Details: Ongoing
Working Hours: 35 Hours per week
Job Category: Advisory
Business Area / Division: Advisory – Africa
Business Unit: Nigeria
Focus of the Role
- The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) was established in 2011 as a part of the Federal Ministry of Health with the mandate to coordinate the public health response to communicable diseases, environmental hazards, health emergencies and other diseases of public health significance. In 2018, the NCDC Act was passed and has enabled the agency to achieve its full legal mandate for public health.
- The Tony Blair Institute (TBI) has provided delivery support to the NCDC since 2017. This support was anchored on the institutional capacity strengthening project, which included development of the 2017 – 2022 NCDC Strategy plan and implementation support. Results and outcomes from the project have been significant to the success of the NCDC’s transformation journey.
- The candidate must possess the ability to support the delivery results in complex and challenging environments, and must have strong research and analytical skills, with experience using strategic planning and project management tools.
- The candidate should be coachable and have the ability to support the management of a discreet workstream in a highly political environment.
- They must have good attention to detail with strong organisational skill.
- Building on these successes, TBI continues to support the NCDC in strengthening the country’s public health systems at national and subnational levels.
- The role will work closely with key NCDC stakeholders and external consultants across the different project workstreams, to achieve the key results and outcomes.
- This is an initial 6 month contract (potential for extension). Due to the length of contract, a maximum of 1 months notice is required.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Support the Delivery advisors and project leadership during the scoping phase of the NCDC project.
- Develop reports and document emerging themes from NCDC subnational systems assessment.
- Contribute to the identification and design of the new project at the NCDC
- Support the development of relevant documents for the new project, including MoUs, concept notes and project briefs for discussion with internal and external stakeholders.
- Proactively anticipate and propose solutions to arising challenges across workstream implementation and delivery.
- Support planning of workstream related engagements with counterparts including workshops, trainings, strategy meetings, etc.
- Manage all TBI reporting requirements including MEL reporting.
- Contribute to opportunity scoping and relationship building to enable the expansion of TBI Nigeria.
- Support the development of measurement frameworks to support evaluation of plans, strategies and decisions.
- Conduct high level research including key informant interviews to support workstreams and deliverables.
- Develop presentations, reports and other relevant documents to support implementation of all workstreams.
- We are looking for individuals with high levels of enthusiasm, drive, resilience, a can-do attitude and ability to consistently achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
- This is a role in a fast-paced team, working within complex policy areas that are highly scrutinised.
Therefore, the successful candidate for the role must possess the following:
- A Bachelor’s Degree qualification; relevant Post-graduate Degree may be an added advantage.
- The full right to reside and work in Nigeria without restriction.
- Ability to operate and succeed in a highly political environment.
- Strong analytical and management skills.
- Ability to be a self-starter, motivated and proactively find solutions.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, SharePoint and PPT).
- Proven experience in management consulting or project management or government advisory.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent leadership, coordination and relationship building skills .
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 22nd August, 2022.