Idmibok International is a 360° systems diagnostic and correction company. We offer holistic, pragmatic, and robust systems appraisals, to intervene in a targeted yet comprehensive manner to address critical organizational, business and development related issues. By collaborating with global and local development and private entities – such as governments, bilateral and multilateral donors, non-governmental organizations and the private sector, we draw on breadth and wealth of experience in diverse environments or ecosystems, globally and across Africa, including in South Sudan, and extensively in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Scientist
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Data Scientist will manage the processes of accurate data collection, processing, modelling, and analysis.
- The ideal candidate will have a strong ability to synthesize valuable insights from raw data, and the communication skills to effectively disseminate information across the team and organization.
- Define, design, and implement research projects harnessing Big Data to improve programming and inform decision making.
- Develop and deploy qualitative and quantitative data collection tools, analyze, and present the data as required.
- Explore and deploy relevant software required for evaluating and presenting data appropriately.
- Develop high quality written technical reports and visualize data findings creatively in a variety of formats.
- Lead capacity-building of the program team on technical expertise in research, data analysis, and data science/artificial intelligence.
- Partner with the Information Technology team to maintain and support application licensing and software distribution.
- Provide analytics tools and platforms subject matter expertise to staff/team.
- Support the rollout of analytical solutions through training of field users and creation of training material.
- Provide ad-hoc support for various growth initiatives including qualitative research, survey design, web development, and more.
- Support development of high-value or complex proposals or bids including proposal writing Design architecture, deploying and maintaining supporting infrastructure for Idmibok’s analytic platforms.
- Automate the deployment, administration and operations of the infrastructure and analytic platforms.
- Build and maintain standard authentication and access patterns for integrations within Idmibok’s broader data/technology ecosystem.
- Bachelor’s Degree or a Master’s Degree in Data Analytics, Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics or Computer Science / IT.
- 3-4 years of experience in a BI, data science or analyst role in an organization.
- Knowledge of applied statistics, specifically experimental design, and study with statistics packages e.g. SPSS, STATA, R, Python, etc.
- Prior experience with the development of data pipelines and automation e.g. ETL, APIs, etc.
- Proficiency in using programming skills in Python and/or R to perform data analysis.
- Strong NumPy/PANDAS skills and SQL database usage.
- Experience with mobile data collection tools e.g. ODK, Kobo, is desirable.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to think outside the box.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an emphasis on taking a data-focus approach.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize, self-start, contribute under pressure, and meet tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of data science techniques, such as machine learning, AI and statistical modelling.
- Knowledge of GIS mapping and spatial data analysis tools (ArcGIS, QGIS, etc.) is desirable.
- Knowledge of cloud computing for deploying models (AWS, Microsoft Azure. Google Cloud, etc.) is a plus.
- Advanced use of Microsoft Excel and working with data visualization tools e.g. Tableau, Power BI.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] with “Data Scientist” as the subject of the email.
- Only Nigerian nationals or people with a Nigerian work permit can apply, as sponsorship will not be offered for this position.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Application Deadline 15th April, 2022.