A leading independent Oil Exploration and Production company in Nigeria requires the services of experienced and dynamic candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Crane Operator
- Ensure routine checks and greasing of hoist line
- Hoisting and lowering of personnel and materials in and out of boats
- Coordinate with ground operators and interpret hand and verbal signals
- Provide additional support to other crane operators as necessary, including operating several types of equipment and training or monitoring junior operators
- Responsible for routine crane maintenance including cleaning and lubricating.
- Carry out daily routine checks on Cranes and notify Mechanical Technicians of any defect.
- Control crane and lift equipment using Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) to ensure effective transportation of materials and safety for all personnel on site
- Create and update detailed log of material transportation operations, including information about type of materials, movement location and additional data required by the Supervisor
Qualifications and Required Competencies
- Minimum of ten (10) years operational experience in mooring operation.
- OND in any Core Engineering discipline with a minimum of Upper Credit.
- Basic Offshore Induction and Emergency Training (BOSIET) and Offshore Medical Certificate will be required
- Must have completed relevant and professional apprenticeship
- Lifting and dropping of Zodiak boat with Personnel onfilled operation
- Lead deck maintenance crew for good housekeeping
- Carry out other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Supervisor
- The ideal candidate will support the platform and Flowstation Operations with by using specialized equipment to move and place large and heavy materials as well as lifting of personnel and materials in end out using Marine Cranes
- Must have hand-on experience on crane and marine operations.
- Must possess valid and appropriate driver’s license
- Must have accurate knowledge of safety regulation and protocols
- Ability to lift heavy loads, work in heights and stand for long hours
- Relevant crape Operator certification is required
Competitive and attractive.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letters, CV and scanned / clear corporate passport photographs to: [email protected] with the position applied for as the subject of the email.
- Applications will be treated in confidential manner
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: 19th August, 2021.