Tomato Jos is a private equity-backed, fast-growing social enterprise located in Kaduna, Nigeria, that believes in the power of local production for local consumption. Our company aims to supply 10% of the processed tomato market in Nigeria within the next 5 years. We source tomatoes from smallholder farmers within our network and make high-quality branded consumer products for Nigeria and West Africa. We currently operate a 500Ha commercial farm and run a successful smallholder program with over 500 farmers. In 2020, the company built a tomato processing facility and we will conduct our first production run in Q1/Q2 2021, with an aim to launch our first retail packaged product later this year.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cost Accountant
Employment Type: Full-time
- Planning, studying and collecting data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory, and labor.
- Analyzing data collected and recording results
- Analyzing changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods, or services provided, to determine effects on cost
- Analyzing actual manufacturing costs and preparing periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs
- Recording cost information for use in controlling expenditures
- Analyzing audits of costs and preparing reports
- Prepare, analyze and report weekly, monthly, quarterly gross margin analysis by SKU by customer type
- Assist in month-end closing, prepare journal entries as necessary, analyze inventory evaluation, inventory roll forward
- Prepare collateral reporting
- Analyze cost accounting data and assist with cycle count/physical inventories
- Review and analyze inventory and margin reports, conduct research, and perform analytical studies in regards to cost analyses and profitability
- Work in special projects as required
- Making estimates of new and proposed product costs
- Ensure timely submission, accuracy and validity of inventory, gross margin schedules to management
- Providing management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services.
- Support and assist internal department reporting requirements such as audit schedules, tax schedules and others
- Maintaining Cost Accounting System
- Assisting in Month end close of the General Ledger
- Conducts physical inventories and monitors cycle count program
- Reconciles finished goods inventories
Minimum Qualifications and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Member of either Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)/Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN)/Association of Certified and Chartered Accountants (ACCA) or it’s equivalent
- 4-7 years accounting experience
- Beginner to intermediate competence in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and relevant accounting software (Xero/Peachtree/Quickbook/Sage, etc.)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 3rd September, 2021.