Transactport LLC – Our business development team helps entrepreneurs and businesses around the world fix credit, get funding, start, scale, and automate their businesses. Whether creating impactful advertising or looking for the news angles in communicating our brand stories, Successful Mogul’s team brings diverse skills to help shape and position other businesses.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Copywriter, Oga-Kpata-Kpata
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking for a motivated, versatile, experienced copywriter with a passion for helping tell the Successful Mogul brand story through writing. You’ll work within our in-house creative team to ensure Successful Moguls presents itself as a world-class leader in Financial Literacy & Wealth Coaching.
- As a copywriter, you will guide the voice of our product marketing to show how Successful Mogul helps entrepreneurs scale their businesses clear and focused copy for product marketing videos, social media content, merchandise, digital ads, collateral, landing, and web pages. We are looking for someone who possesses a strong sense of language, conceptual ability, and strategic thinking to be able to collaborate with multiple stakeholders across the company to deliver compelling, on-brand content.
- You’re obsessed with building modern and effective campaigns. You follow product marketing trends with gusto (but you bring original ideas to the table). You view everything as an opportunity, writing anything from video scripts to digital ads, creative content, blogs & articles, products, and marketing presentations with an equal level of enthusiasm and craft. You think strategically to solve business problems with smart, creative concepts that can live on their own or as a larger campaign.
- You’re confident in presenting and selling your work and feel comfortable collaborating directly with marketing stakeholders to create compelling, on-brand content. You’re a diplomat who can balance creative feedback against business needs to make wise creative decisions. You can also coach other writers to achieve these same goals.
- You have earned the trust and respect to work more autonomously while mentoring less experienced peers. You can lead more junior writing talent and offer constructive critique, while deeply in the weeds doing your own hands-on creative work. Yours is the best-crafted work possible.
- Write world-class copy across multiple mediums on a variety of projects, from small pieces to multichannel campaigns
- Supporting our firm’s digital communications work, as it pertains to email, social media, advocacy tool copy, and other forms of online communications.
- Managing digital communications client work and deliverables as assigned-include but not limited to: surveys, toolkits, posts in various formats [video, static, carousel, etc.] on all platforms, content calendars, email copy, website copy, action page copy, texting/phone program copy, signature campaign copy, social media copy, landing pages, fundraising pages, etc.
- Work with autonomy and lead projects without a ton of oversight.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders, designers, and creative leads * Represent our brand’s creative point of view for external agency partners.
- Editing and submitting for approval multiple pieces of client-facing content per week, generating content as needed on a case-by-case basis.
- Reporting back on digital communications work to internal staff and clients as requested.
- Drafting compelling email content with a strong call to action.
- Pitching producing, and maintaining content calendars, toolkits, and schedules, as well as brainstorming potential topics for emails and social media posts.
- Mentor more junior writers to create best-in-class work.
- Think conceptually about brand’s marketing and communicate ideas effectively.
- Participate in group critiques to help improve the work of others.
- Managing lower-level communications with multiple internal staff members daily.
- Copywriting, proofing, QA’ing, and identifying the right tone and voice of digital comms.
Who You Are
- 4 – 6 years of relevant professional experience, such as working with a design firm, advertising agency, or internal creative team.
- Stellar portfolio of professional copywriting for B2B and/or consumer brands across a variety of media types.
- BA in Writing, Advertising or related field -OR- equivalent work experience.
- Adept at writing across various media.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build good working relationships.
- Experience in writing concepts, consumer campaigns and marketing content preferred All applicants must provide a URL to a portfolio that clearly demonstrates their creative expertise and point of view. .
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Digital Communications, Advertising, Political Science, and/or 1 – 2 cycles of political campaign experience.
- Strong background in writing/communications.
- Strong attention to detail and punctuality/ability to meet deadlines.
- Experience writing in multiple voices, including those of high-profile candidates or causes.
- Hands-on experience drafting copy, identifying tone and voice, speaking to different audiences.
- 2 – 5 years of relevant, full-time work experience.
- Experience reporting findings/insights/developing recommendations.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a strong portfolio demonstrating a passion and skill in written communication.
- Maintains a working knowledge of product marketing trends (and when to lean into them).
- Demonstrates mastery of language.
- Is a self-starter with a strong work ethic, who thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Is passionate about supporting and evolving a global brand.
- Is driven to take on new challenges and own their work.
- Has a passion for helping less experienced creatives learn and grow in their craft
- This position is a full-time job.
- Work from home.
- Must have VPN
- Salary: N100,000 – N150,000 monthly (Negotiable)
- Paid Public Holidays
- Compensation is based on experience and qualifications.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Aplications to: [email protected] using “Copywriter-Oga Kpatakpata” as the subject of the email.
In your email, please attach:
- Cover Letter
- Samples of your work including – advertising creative, Landing page design, Webpage banners, and Social media assets.
- An infographic or e-book design would be a plus!
Answer the following application questions:
- Do you currently have another job commitment?
- Do you have a proven track record of copywriting that drives conversion?
- What other writing tools do you recommend making your job easier?
- What other information can you share about you to make us consider you for this job?
- Do you have reliable high-speed internet?
- Do you have a VPN?
- Do you have a dedicated and distraction-free workspace and able to meet all requirements of this role while working remotely?
- Which communication tool(s) do you prefer?
- Are you enthusiastically seeking a full-time position, and you are looking forward to growing and dedicating your focus to that position?
- Proactively anticipate upcoming challenges and create solutions in advance. Do you plan thoroughly and thoughtfully, but are ready and willing to pivot quickly?
- Have experience prioritizing simultaneous projects in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and delivering them on time?
- Applications without your resume and the samples requested above will not be considered.
- Once we receive your complete application, we will send you the next steps in the interview process. Thank you for your interest in joining our team.
- Applications without a portfolio will not be considered
Application Deadline 30th November, 2021.