Mono helps businesses in Africa access financial accounts for financial data and payments. Businesses of all sizes in Africa use our platform to retrieve account details, transactions and move money, reliably and securely, including Carbon, Renmoney, Inflow Finance, Tangerine Insurance, and many others.
In almost a year, we’ve introduced a steady cadence of innovations, such as statement pages, a no-code tool to retrieve bank statements, and much more. We’ve connected to 10% of all active bank accounts in Nigeria, and our investors include YCombinator, Entree Capital, and others.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Content Marketer
Employment Type: Full Time
- We are looking for a skilled and exciting Content Marketer to take charge of our content marketing strategies including social media posts, blogs, and lead generation.
- A successful candidate for this role is a creative marketing expert, preferably with a content writing background.
- The capacity to develop attractive and original content to draw and retain users is necessary. For this role, it’s also crucial to stay up-to-date with the latest technologies and marketing trends.
- You will be responsible for developing and implementing the overall content strategy based on our specific goals and objectives.
- You will also be able to use relevant tools and skills to increase brand awareness and promote our company’s efforts.
- If you desire a career that allows you to create high-quality and engaging content to drive business success, then we would love to partner with you to make this happen.
- At Mono, we understand how important it is to hire, develop, and offer value to our team members, and we can’t wait for you to join us!
- Work to understand Mono’s customers and audiences, learn to advocate for them, and use this understanding as a touch point to create helpful and impactful content.
- Get the attention of Mono’s audiences, showing them how Mono will function as an invaluable tool and platform for their growth.
- Work with the sales, product, and engineering teams to discover content themes and topics that can differentiate our platform.
- Work with the design team to bring different forms of exciting visual content to life.
- Own and deliver on content strategy for our customer verticals.
- Create and manage an editorial calendar with well-researched, memorable, and impactful content that will drive awareness and demand.
- Stay up to date with open banking and payments to ensure Mono is a leading voice in these conversations on the African scale.
- You have 2 – 3 years of experience in Content Marketing and are interested in it as a long term career path.
- You have a strong portfolio of material showcasing your content and writing projects across multiple marketing channels, including blogs, social media, SEO and events.
- You’re able to describe and create a content strategy for a given audience.
- You’re an analytical thinker and can understand and distil complex technical concepts into simple terms.
- You have some recent experience working in a fintech, SaaS, or tech-enabled startup in Africa.
- You understand, and have experience with, on-page SEO.
- You’re an excellent writer who can craft impactful and easy to understand messaging in both long and short-form types.
- You have knowledge of, or have directly written for, B2B audiences and decision-makers.
What delights us:
You’re highly likely to thrive in this role if you:
- Learn and adapt to new environments and processes quickly.
- Can collaborate effectively with both members of your core team and other teams at large.
- Can thrive in a technical environment.
- Can always bring clear detail and context out of vagueness.
- Have a genuine interest in open banking and the possibilities, and fintech in general.
- A strategic thinker and problem-solver.
- Genuinely care for The Customer and want to make their experience and growth better.
Nice to haves:
- Previous experience writing technical content.
- An understanding of API technology.
- Previous experience working in a fast-growing B2B fintech startup.
- Experience and interest in anchoring video and audio content.
- Stock options
- Flexible working hours
- Remote friendly
- Health Insurance
- Training Budget
- Team building events
- Yearly offsite
- Free lunch.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Instructions (Read Carefully)
- To apply, click the “Apply for this job” button. Please make sure you proofread everything as we are a company that really cares about attention to detail!
- When uploading your resume, please ensure that it accurately describes the functions you perform in your current job or most recent similar experience.
- Mono is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Our aim is to develop and provide value to members of our team in a progressive and forward thinking environment. We believe in creating a working culture were employees can be their best selves and produce their best work.
- We make our employment decisions solely on our business requirements and individual merit irrespective of race/colour, national origin/ethnicity, religion, age, marital status, sex, gender or sexual orientation
Application Deadline 15th April, 2022.