Karsto Global Resources Limited is a wholly owned indigenous Oil and Gas Company located in Port Harcourt and established with a view to rendering quality onshore/offshore services in the West African sub region.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Construction Engineer
Job Reference Code: CE/PH/07/22
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Permanent
Responsibilities / Summary of Functions
- Provide construction input to project planning through engineering phase to commissioning.
- Assist with aspects of the project construction strategy, execution planning and contracting strategy
- Prepare and review documents for approval to communicate installation sequence.
- Prepare project specific site procedures and work practices as necessary to meet Client requirements
- Provide Construction Engineering in accordance with project requirements and procedures.
- Liaise with designers throughout the engineering phase to maximize the use of construction knowledge and experience in all aspects of the project paying particular attention to constructability.
- Assist Engineering with construction feasibility and method studies.
- Prepare and review for approval plans, drawings, specifications, and requisitions for all construction activities required within Project scope.
- Prepare project specific procedures on construction execution, construction quality control and material management, as necessary to meet Projects requirements.
- Review the project requirements, the constructability and assist with the drafting of construction execution plan and method statement.
- Provide clarification on issues raised at site and communicate with the involved departments as necessary
- Act as constructability sponsor at Projects level and the primary contact regarding all construction activities in front of the Project and Client.
- Assess construction priorities and installation sequences, identifying bottlenecks and proactively proposing resolute execution strategies.
- Prepare and present documentation to resume the assessment and the conclusions
- Act as focal point towards Clients, site teams, and construction contractors on construction engineering matters
- Execute feasibility studies for the execution of critical lifting and critical transport activities. Review of detailed drawings provided by the construction subcontractors.
- Provide input to the assessment and selection of construction subcontractors
- Provide guidance in the definition of the project construction strategy, execution planning and subcontracting strategy.
- Define construction execution, construction quality control, and material management requirements – and other technical documentation as necessary to meet Project requirements – to be included in the tendering documentation for the execution of construction works.
Requirements / Qualifications
- B.Eng in Engineering field.
- A Master’s Degree will be an added advantage.
- Experience: 7 – 10 years post qualification experience in oil and gas industries
- Professional membership: COREN/MNSE.
- Proven experience working in a Construction Engineer role in manufacturing, construction and/or oil and gas industries.
- Verifiable experience in the use of MS Office packages.
- CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System (or Software).
- Microsoft Office Project.
- Excellent communication skill both written and oral.
- The ability to work within budgets and to deadlines.
- A comprehensive knowledge of relevant legal regulations.
- Good team-leading skills.
- Strong mentoring, training and coaching to junior colleagues.
- The ability to explain design ideas and plans clearly.
- Confident decision-making ability.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: [email protected] using the Job Reference Code as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 10th August, 2022.