Ave Maria Multipurpose Investment Limited (AMMIL) of the Catholic Diocese of Oyo is a faith-based, non-bank microfinance institution established by the Catholic Diocese of Oyo to cater for all people, with emphasis on the poor and the vulnerable irrespective of religion, race, age or gender that are financially excluded. Ammil promotes holistic human development and strategic actions against ills of the society towards the realization of a just and egalitarian community through animation, conscientization, awareness, training, advocacy, supports, mobilization networking and Entrepreneur Development and Micro- Credit Programme.
Ave Maria has been in existence since 2009 as a department under a Non-Government Organization called Justice Development & Peace Movement Oyo Diocese incorporated on 5th February 2007 by the Corporate Affairs Commission, Abuja, with RC NO CAC/IT/NO 22933 as a Non-Profit Organization.
However, Ave Maria Multipurpose Investment Limited was officially incorporated subsequently as a non bank microfinance institution by the Corporate Affair Commission with registration number RC 1518760, to carry out financial transactions like business advisory services and micro-financing. Prior to this time, it has been operating as thrift and microcredit.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Company Secretary
Location: Owode, Atiba Local Govt – Oyo
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Field: Layer for Company Secretary
Duties and Responsibilities
Company Secretary job description should contain a variety of functions and roles including:
- Maintaining current awareness about company law;
- Providing legal/financial advice during and outside of meetings.
- Implementing procedural/administrative systems;
- Writing reports;
- Collating information;
- Providing support to committees and working parties such as the Board of Directors, etc;
- Handling correspondence before and after meetings;
- Convening and servicing annual general meetings (AGM)/meetings (producing agendas, taking minutes; conveying decisions, etc.)
- Managing office space/premises/property.
- Administering pension schemes and share issues;
- Dealing with company/staff insurance policies;
- Managing contractual arrangements with suppliers/customers;
- Financial and HR administration;
- Keeping a register of shareholders and liaising with them on behalf of the company.
Requirements / Skills / Qualifications
Company Secretary job description should include these common skills and qualifications:
- A Degree in Law is preferable. A degree in Finance, Governance or Business and Administration may be considered.
- Training and induction of non-executives and trustees,
- Interest/knowledge in company law
- Excellent communicator
- Strong attention to detail,
- Ability to write clearly and concisely.
- Professional, tactful, hardworking and extremely well organized.
- Ethical, diplomatic and independent – you’ll often act as a board confidante.
- Management of employee benefits such as pensions and employee share schemes,
- Insurance administration and organization
- Negotiation of contracts,
- Risk management
- A good head for numbers
Benefit and Packages
We offer an attractive remuneration package and opportunities for career and personal development.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate(s) should send an email containing their CV with the position applied for as the subject of the email to: [email protected]
Note: Please note that shortlisted candidate(s) will be invited for an interview via SMS and Telephone Call(s).
Application Deadline 10th September, 2021.