The National Defence College Nigeria invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: College Provost
Location: Garki, Abuja (FCT)
- The preferred candidate for the post of College Provost should possess a good University education from a recognized University.
- He/she must be a proven academic scholar with the ability to manage human and material resources.
Specifically, the candidate shall be expected to fulfill the following conditions:
- Candidate must either be a retired Vice Chancellor or a retired Ambassador or a retired 2-Star General
- Be a highly distinguished scholar with a Ph.D Degree and not less than ten (10) years working experience in a similar Research Centre or University. He/she should have the ability to provide academic and administrative leadership for the Centre.
- Be able to command the respect of the national and international academia communities through his/her track records.
- Be in excellent physical and mental health.
- Possess the ability to establish and maintain partnerships with local and international governmental and non-governmental agencies.
- The prospective candidate must demonstrate sufficient knowledge of the working systems of the Armed Forces of Nigeria, and be conversant with the mode of operations of the United Nations, the African Union and the Economic Community of West African States.
- He/she should also demonstrate the ability to advance the purpose of establishing the Centre.
- Possess a clear vision for the development of the Centre and the realization of its mission.
- Demonstrate interpersonal and team building skills and possess the ability to strengthen the relationship between civilian academic staff, the military, members of the College community and the College stakeholders.
- Exhibit entrepreneurial drive and ability to attract funds and mobilize other resources for the development of the Centre.
Terms and Conditions of Service Applicable to the Post
- The College Provost shall hold office for a single term of 4 years and not renewable.
- The remunerations and terms and conditions of service would be specified in the letter of appointment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should address and submit all Applications listed below under to:
National Defence College,
Herbert Macaulay Way (North) Central Business District,
PMB 323 Garki,
- Each application should be made in 5 (five) copies and be accompanied by five (5) copies of the candidate’s Curriculum Vitae / Resume duly signed and dated by the applicant.
- The curriculum vitae must contain details of candidate’s names in full, age, marital status, educational attainment, nationality, professional and academic achievements including publications.
- Each application should include the names and addresses of three (3) referees. Each Referee is to forward a confidential report on the candidate’s character, academic and managerial competences in a properly sealed envelope marked “College Provost Referee’s Report” at the top left hand corner of the envelope to the Commandant.
- All applications should be marked “Post of College Provost” at the top left hand corner of their sealed envelope.
- Candidates should please note that only those who are shortlisted will be contacted for further action
Application Deadline 30th September, 2021; (1400Hrs)