Première Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency. The PUI Nigerian Mission has been officially opened in April 2016, with a focus on meeting urgent needs, including improving access to food commodities, primary health care and nutrition for Internally Displaced People (IDP) and host communities (HC) living in Maiduguri Metropolitan Council (MMC).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cleaner
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- The progressive sectorial widening allowed PUI to start implementing an integrated approach from 2017 in food security, livelihoods, and nutrition and health sectors, with the support of ECHO, FFP, OFDA and CIAA/CDC, in line with PUI’s global strategy. In mid-2018, PUI developed its comprehensive response by adding Protection and Community Outreach (PCO) activities to the existing programs in Bolori II. In 2018, PUI also scaled up its intervention with the opening of Monguno LGA base, with the main objectives of reducing morbidity and mortality of the most vulnerable population and promoting protection amongst the whole affected community.
- The severity of the needs and the reduction of the humanitarian access make PUI positioning in Health and Nutrition crucial, especially in Monguno where PUI has taken over some core activities from ALIMA at the beginning of 2021, after they closed their program there. At the end of 2020, PUI launched an exploratory mission, along with INGO colleagues in Zamfara State (North West), and has developed a strategy for its upcoming intervention in the area. In 2022, PUI continues with its intervention as it considers the opening of PULKA field office, with the main objectives of reducing morbidity and mortality of the most vulnerable population and promoting protection amongst the whole affected community.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Ensure the cleaning of office and guesthouse premises.
- Ensure that each bathroom is equipped with toilet paper, soap and a hand towel.
- Turn off lights and fans when living a room.
- Manage and report on the stock of cleaning products to the line manager.
- Stock living areas with filtered water and regularly disinfect water filters.
- The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are non-exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project’s needs.
- Wash, dry and iron clothes belonging to PUI expatriate personnel, as well as restroom and household linen
- Clean the kitchen and refrigerator if there is no cook.
- Regularly undertake thorough cleaning.
Priorities of the Department:
- Plan, organize and implement cleaning activities as per PUI guidelines.
- Ensure that all individual, common rooms, and refrigerator are always clean and up to date.
Qualifications & Required Skills
- Education Degree: Literacy Essential – Minimum of Senior Secondary School Certificate.
- Work experience: Experience in similar position is an asset, preferably with an INGO
- Skills: Fluent in English.
- Technical skills: Previous experience in general cleaning of offices and guest houses.
- Computer skills: Not mandatory but knowledge of the MS office software including Word, Outlook and Excel will be appreciated.
- Commitment to the NGO values and principles
- Commitment to the NGO values and principles.
- Capacity to adapt and to work with people from different origins.
- Autonomous and well organized.
- Show initiative.
N120,000 – N164,000 monthly.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 3rd October, 2022.