Seal Energy Investment Company Limited – The company predominantly participates in the oil and gas, energy, and construction sectors undertaking engineering, procurement, and construction activities across the country. Our jobs are usually won through competitive tendering and bidding and so the important need to deliver on quality and to work within extremely tight margins. We are in search of a quantity surveyor who understands these and familiar with this sort of work environment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Civil Engineer
Employment Type: Full Time
- Long established oil, gas, and construction company that has a large pipeline of work require a Senior Quantity Surveyor and Engineer for their projects across, Nigeria.
- The company predominantly participates in the oil and gas, energy, and construction sectors undertaking engineering, procurement, and construction activities across the country. Our jobs are usually won through competitive tendering and bidding and so the important need to deliver on quality and to work within extremely tight margins. We are in search of a quantity surveyor who understands these and familiar with this sort of work environment.
- The ideal candidate will be charged with the responsibilities of controlling and managing construction projects. He or She shall be capable of comprehending technical aspects of construction and accommodate the requirements of the specific project.
- The successful candidate will also have some experience of having worked for a medium-large-sized Contractor and understands the tight margins these types of companies work by.
- This is an exciting role for the right individual, one that will be very rewarding and interesting with a good mix of projects.
- You will be Reporting to the Head of Projects.
- Undertake technical and feasibility studies including site investigations.
- Analyze survey reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, aerial photography, and other topographical or geologic data to plan projects.
- Compute load and grade requirements, water flow rates, and material stress factors to determine design specifications.
- Provide technical advice regarding design, construction, or program modifications and structural repairs to industrial and managerial personnel.
- Compile and submit permit applications to local, state, and federal agencies, verifying that projects comply with various regulations
- Prepare schedules of work and monitoring and evaluation templates
- Liaise with the client and other construction professionals, such as site managers, project managers, and site engineers for quality output and required support
- Analyze outcomes on each project and write detailed progress reports using pictures where necessary.
- Develop and implement health and safety standards and regulations on projects.
- Estimate quantities and cost of materials, equipment, or labor to determine project feasibility.
- Direct or participate in surveying to lay out installations and establish reference points, grades, and elevations to guide construction.
- Prepare or present public reports, such as bid proposals, deeds, environmental impact statements, and property and right-of-way descriptions.
- Test soils and materials to determine the adequacy and strength of foundations, concrete, asphalt, or steel.
- Inspect project sites to monitor progress and ensure conformance to design specifications and health & safety standards.
- Direct construction, operations, and maintenance activities at the project site.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the manager.
Requirements for the position
- A good Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized tertiary institution.
- Experience: 5 years experience
- Ability to interpret and prepare drawings, maps, graphs, specifications and compilation of numerical data.
- Ability to maintain accurate records and prepare clear and concise reports.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Expert level competence with MS Office package and other relevant engineering applications (AutoCAD etc).
- Membership of Council of Registered Engineers in Nigeria (COREN)
- Knowledge of applicable construction company policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of project Legal and Health & Safety requirements.
Other Requirements, Abilities for the Position:
- Ability to develop a work schedule, cost projections, and management, set goals, create/ implement action plans, monitor progress, and ensure quality towards goals.
- Attention to detail
- Interpersonal relationship with other colleagues and clients.
- ability to work to deadlines and within budgets.
- ability to maintain an overview of entire projects while continuing to attend to detailed technicalities.
- negotiating, supervisory and leadership skills.
N100,000 / month (Excluding project specific allowances / bonus).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 31st May, 2021.