MainOne Cable is a leading facilitator and preferred provider of innovative telecom services and network solutions such as Connectivity and Data Center Solutions to Telecom operators, Internet Service Providers (ISPs), other businesses and Government institutions across West Africa.
MainOne Cable’s success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business. A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you’ll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Security Officer
Department: DC & Capital Projects
Job Type: Permanent
- The Chief Security Officer will be responsible for the overall coordination of security activities and physical security strategies of the entire organisation.
Key responsibilities also include:
- Enforce compliance with all the organisation’s security policies and procedures.
- Supervise all security personnel within the organisation, ensuring routine activities are carried out as specified and approved.
- Schedule the work and duties of individual security officers including but not limited to patrols, leave, duty roaster etc.
- Approve all material movement in and out of the premises.
- Ensure constant inspection of all entry and exit registers, ensuring daily logs of all activities around the company.
- Serve as the first point of call for all security incidence escalation within the organisation.
- Ensure safe and security of guests and employees within the building.
- Work with HSE officer in areas of fire drill and emergencies, ensuring proper accountability of all employees within the building.
- Ensure physical safety and environmental safety of all MainOne building and working environment, escalating any potential hazard to the HSE officer.
- Generate appropriate security reports on all incidences for management use.
- Provide leadership, guidance and support to all internal/external security staff.
- Develop policies and procedures for all areas of security incidences such as loss and fraud prevention etc.
- Develop procedures to ensure physical safety of employees and visitors.
- Ensure all electronic surveillance system are up to date and in proper working shape, devising means of proper storage and security of all camera footage.
- Prioritize security initiatives as may be recommended by senior management
- Investigate security breaches, providing fact finding and incident reports to the senior management.
- Implement disciplinary procedures for all security staff of MainData, recommending replacement or dismissal of hired security operative.
- Constantly conducting audit to find holes in security processes and recommending reviews as may be necessary.
- Oversea and liaise with security services provider including the Nigerian Police.
- Liaise with the commissioner of Police/DPO in case of any security incidence etc.
- Maintain relationship with local, state and federal law enforcement and other related government agencies.
- Manage the development and implementation of global security policy, standards, guidelines and procedures within MainOne group.
- Ensure company-wide compliance with security policies, procedures, recommending sanctions for breaches etc.
- Create workplace awareness and prevention programs.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- HND / B.Sc qualification or equivalent with at least 8 years work experience as a security personnel.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Skilled in the use of computer (MS Word, Email)
- Report writing skills
- Ability to coordinate other security operatives (armed or otherwise)
- People management skills
Demands of the Job:
- Ability and willingness to work long hours and promptly respond to emergencies.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply