Heartland Alliance Limited / GTE (HA) is an indigenous non-governmental organization established to address the human rights needs of vulnerable persons in the society.
Heartland Alliance Limited / Gte has an upcoming five-year, USAID-funded program on Accelerating Control of the HIV Epidemic in Nigeria (ACE) activity. The program sites for the ACE project, cluster 6 are Bayelsa, Lagos, and Edo States.
Thus, we invite applications from qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief of Party
- The COP will have overall responsibility for administration, program management, performance monitoring and technical implementation and strategic oversight of all aspects of activities; s/he will serve as the principal institutional liaison to USAID/ Nigeria and should be expected to have regular and transparent communication with the USAID/ Nigeria AOR, other stakeholders and national- level partners.
- This position reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer.
Summary of Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain overall programmatic and financial management responsibility for ACE activity and ensure that Heartland Alliance Ltd/Gte abides by USAID financial and programmatic procedures, rules and regulations.
- Ensure that program goals and objectives are met within the agreed time frame and budget;
- Produce and deliver all required program reports.
- Directly supervise the other key personnel on the program, as well as program staff, to ensure that all deliverables are met in a timely fashion.
- Oversee the development of annual work plans, monitoring and evaluation plans and other required documents.
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree in Public Health, Health Administration, Management, Social Work or Business Administration with a focus on public health, social sciences, or related field. A First Degree in Medicine is preferred;
- Demonstrated ability through previous experience to establish and maintain productive working relationships with a wide network of partners and stakeholders;
- Demonstrated ability through previous experience to effectively work with community leaders and members, senior government officials, dignitaries, executives of NGOs, Faith Based Organizations (FBOs), CBOs, and the for-profit business community, and senior members of the donor community; and
- Excellent interpersonal, writing and oral presentation skills in English.
- A minimum of twelve (12) years of experience with progressively increasing responsibility designing, implementing, managing, and leading large development program involving multiple partners, stakeholders, and geographic target areas in a developing country The 10 years must be inclusive of five (5) years prior experience as a Chief of Party or similar leadership role of similar size and complexity;
- The 12 years must also be inclusive of a minimum of three (3) years of experience providing specific technical direction and oversight of the development and management of HIV and TB service delivery programs
- Demonstrated ability through previous experience leading a technical activity through evidence and data driven decision making;
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: That this roles is contingent on award of the programme.
Application Deadline 6th September, 2021.