Lagoon Hospitals has consistently been providing healthcare of international standards in Nigeria. Established in 1984 by Professor Emmanuel and Professor (Mrs.) Oyin Elebute, and commencing operations in 1986 as a provider of integrated healthcare services, Lagoon Hospitals is currently the largest private healthcare services Group in Nigeria with six healthcare facilities.
Lagoon Hospitals is the only Nigerian Hospital group accredited by the Joint Commission International, and one of two groups in Sub-Saharan African to be so accredited. The Hospitals was first accredited in 2011 and re-accredited in 2015, 2018 and 2021.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Matron
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- This role is responsible for providing leadership to the Ikoyi Nursing team by coordinating and managing nursing activities.
- The role will also manage daily nursing operations and ensure excellent patient experience within the hospital’s facility.
- Ensure discipline in the nursing department.
- Establish and coordinate good working relationship with other departments.
- Ensure adherence to the approved company-wide rota system and work plan.
- Ensure hospital follows policies and regulatory requirements (federal, state and local laws) and enforce nursing practices conformity with standard Operating Procedures and quality standards.
- Champions quality improvement project in the department.
- Promote and imbibe in all nursing staff, the need for accurate and complete documentation.
- Recruitment, induction and training of nurses and monitor training and development of nursing staff.
- Other Duties as assigned by the Chief Nursing Officer and Medical Director of the Facility.
Key Result Areas / Performance Goals:
- Compliance with departmental on-boarding process and timeliness in completing nursing competency assessment
- Oversee Nursing care plan implementation
- Keep Nursing cost to a pre-defined percentage of revenue which is advised annually.
- Oversight of a Nursing Specific Improvement plan.
- Number of quality/service improvement initiatives championed / participated in
- Complete and accurate documentation
- Registered Nurse / Registered Midwife / Bachelor’s Degree in General Nursing
- Post basic nursing training is crucial
- Leadership / Management training will be an added advantage
- Certificate of Registration with the Nursing Council of Nigeria, with a valid practicing license
- Minimum 10 years clinical experience with 2 – 4 years in a team leadership role.
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Excellent ability to lead and develop people
- Problem Solving, Quality Assurance Management, SOP Implementation
- I-CARE attitude (Integrity, Compassion, Attentiveness, Respect, Excellence and Empathy)
- Basic Life Support skills
- Ability to handle stress and crisis situations.
- Report writing, Communication and presentation skills
- Emotional Intelligence
- Support and supervisory skills Team Building and Leadership
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 10th July, 2021.