GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose to improve the quality of human life by helping people do more, feel better, live longer. Every day, we help improve the health of millions of people around the world by discovering, developing and manufacturing innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
We are building a stronger purpose and performance culture underpinned by our values and expectations – so that together we can deliver extraordinary impact for patients and consumers and make GSK a brilliant place to work.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: CGA Intern
Req ID: 351650
Location: Ilupeju, Nigeria
- The role reports to the CGA Director, with whom overall responsibility lies for the Local Operating Company’s Communication and Government Affairs strategy
- The role primarily supports the Nigeria Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare business in Nigeria.
- Establish good working relationship and communication with respective Rx, Cx, and Regional CGA teams and Global CGA stakeholders as appropriate
- Provides communications expertise and implementation based on an expert understanding of the local external and internal environment
- Under the guidance of the CGA Director, supports the GM and their leadership team as appropriate on key projects requiring strategic communications input and government engagement.
- Provides timely and valuable information that supports the GSK strategic priorities.
- Works to highlight GSK’s initiatives in building trust with external stakeholders.
- Tell our Corporate Responsibility and Community Partnerships, Employee Engagement, Media Relations, Product Communications support, Crisis/Issues Management and Government Affairs stories
- Maximizes the performance of Rx and Cx brands through the brilliant delivery of integrated earned media campaigns, either in-house or via external agencies
- Drives performance through engagement, attraction and retention of employees
Media Relations Responsibilities:
- Supports GSK’s reputation through effective, proactive and reactive management of media issues.
- Protects and build the value of the GSK brand by managing its integrity both internally and externally.
- Internal Communications & Engagement
- Ensures the community activity programmes is managed and communicated to maximise the reputation value to external and internal stakeholders.
- Manages the global GSK Community Council, including promotion of Orange Day, PULSE and Orange United.
- Maintains a set of effective employee communication tools, e.g. All-Hands Meeting, e-Newsletter, Workplace, organization comms – infographics and videos
- Community Activity Programme
- Builds recognition that GSK is a responsible corporate citizen that is actively involved in the Nigerian community.
Government & Stakeholder Engagement:
- Maintain strategic stakeholder mapping for relevant sectors impacting the GSK business
- Support the planning for selected GSK meetings with key stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a possible MBA is an added advantage
- Candidate must have excellent communication skills – written and spoken are extremely important
- Use of modern story telling tools like infographics. Canvas, figma etc is important.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply