Interswitch is an Africa-focused integrated digital payments and commerce company that facilitates the electronic circulation of money as well as the exchange of value between individuals and organisations on a timely and consistent basis. We started operations in 2002 as a transaction switching and electronic payments processing, and have progressively evolved into an integrated payment services company, building and managing payment infrastructure as well as delivering innovative payment products and transactional services throughout the African continent. At Interswitch, we offer unique career opportunities for individuals capable of playing key roles and adding value in an innovative and fun environment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Lead, Funds Transfer & Payments
Job Type: Permanent
Department: Indeco – Industry Ecosystem & Platforms
- Develop key retail growth strategies, tactics, and action plans and successfully execute them within agreed timelines to meet relevant KPIs and financial targets.
- Devise strategies for driving funds transfers and airtime purchase transaction growth across Quickteller channels
- Identify new business opportunities – including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, products and services
- Drive the expansion of Quickteller’s fund’s transfer and purchase offerings into other African markets using the Quickteller Brand
- Contribute to Interswitch’s evaluation strategy by ensuring Quickteller’s dominance in the fund’s transfers and payments space
- Work with various internal groups to drive the profitability of Quickteller’s consumer business
- Develop an understanding of product profitability levers and produce plans to improve the online product proposition eg balance building and retention activities
- Closely track the business metrics and analytics, and works with the product manager to identify and resolve issues
- Grow the airtime, and funds transfer products on Quickteller
- Ensure market share constantly increases
- Prepare business justification plans to address identified business opportunities, and work with the product team to create a product-market fit
- Proposes potential business deals by contacting potential strategic partners; discovering and exploring opportunities with said partners to leverage their existing network/offerings
- Develop and negotiate contracts; integrating contract requirements with business operations
- Develop and implement a relationship management plan for existing customer accounts to identify and build relationships with relevant decision-makers and influencers within the relevant organization and to enable an effective two-way flow of information and resolution of issues
- Engage with the partners and consumers to identify their challenges and use the information gained to enable the development of bespoke offerings to meet their needs in order to contribute to increased revenue for the business
- Good First Degree from a reputable institution
- An MBA would be an added advantage
- Relevant professional qualifications will be an added advantage
- 8 years in a similar role in the B2C space.
- Technical Competencies:
- Research and Strategy
- Customer Insights
- Presentation Skills
- Contract Negotiation
- Lead Generation.
- Business/Market Intelligence
- Business Analysis
- Manage and prioritize time
- Plan, organize and schedule work
- Active Listening
- Sound decision making (weighing risk factors optimally)
- Think clearly and analytically
- Leadership and people management.
- Personal Credibility
- Customer (internal & external) focus
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Oral & Written communication
- Analytical Thinking/Solving Problems
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 25th May, 2022.