Pathfinder International is driven by the conviction that all people, regardless of where they live, have the right to decide whether and when to have children, to exist free from fear and stigma, and to lead the lives they choose. Since 1957, we have partnered with local governments, communities, and health systems in developing countries to remove barriers to critical sexual and reproductive health services. Together, we expand access to contraception, promote healthy pregnancies, save women’s lives, and stop the spread of new HIV infections, wherever the need is most urgent. Our work ensures millions of women, men, and young people are able to choose their own paths forward.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Advisor
Requisition Number: BUSIN001534
Employment type: Full-time
Job Category: Business Development
Summary of the Role
- Partners with internal teams and Eternal Partners to ensure the implementation of the new business lifecycle, including pre-positioning, proposal development and results optimization.
- Lead critical discussions with global technical leaders to develop new business opportunities and secure funding from foundations, corporations, governments and other multilateral donors (e.g. UN agencies, World Bank, Fund global).
- Focus efforts on institutional donor diversification while ensuring a rate of growth that maximizes the organization’s impact. Cultivates, solicits and manages institutional donors.
- Identify and negotiate strategic partnerships with international and local (i.e. target country) non-profit and for-profit agencies and organizations.
- Identifies new funding opportunities. On specific opportunities, will work with other teams to advise on strategic decisions affecting strategic program directions and partnership opportunities.
- Main Responsibilities:
- Proposal Development Process: Leads Pathfinder’s proposal development process, including responses to competitive calls for government, foundation, and corporate grants. Review and revise technical proposals. Develop management and staffing plans for project proposals. Ensure cost proposals are consistent with technical proposals and adhere to donor regulations and RFA guidelines.
- Research and Program Design : Play a role in program design and conceptualize and coordinate global program development activities to align with donor priorities. Continuously identifies and explores potential new donors and funding opportunities for restricted and unrestricted grants
- Positioning, Capture and Pipeline Development: Provide support to a country portfolio to position the organization for new funding opportunities and build a healthy pipeline for medium to long-term sustainability of Pathfinder country offices.
- Progress Reports : Review key programmatic and financial reports to ensure compliance with donor requirements.
- Partnerships: Uses close contacts and relationships with external organizations to identify partnership opportunities. Lead partnership negotiations with international and local organizations, develop scopes of work (SOWs) and review partnership agreements. Continually expands and strengthens relationships with partners and internal counterparts to earn trust and respect.
- Brand Ambassador: Represents Pathfinder International at assigned conferences and meetings, builds and strengthens relationships with partners, external organizations and donors. Provides representation to USAID, Ministries of Health, international and local partners, other donors and organizations
- Project Management and Participation: Lead, manage or participate in cross-functional project teams.
- Grant Process Monitoring : Supports monitoring of grant progress, both programmatic and financial, to ensure donor expectations and requirements are met.
- Institutional Donor Strategic and Annual Planning : Support the development and implementation of an institutional strategy, which may include a programmatic growth area or geographic focus. Develop effective solicitation strategies for institutional donors to increase institutional support to support global program development goals. Work closely with management and other internal staff in planning and conceptualizing program development activities, and research, write and review funding proposals for foundations and corporations.
Educational Qualification and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nonprofit Management, Communications, Marketing, Business Administration, or related field.
- 4-8 years of related experience, including business development experience.
- Experience working with a multinational organization
- Experience leading people and global suppliers
- Experience writing proposals for the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), other U.S. government agencies (CDC), private foundation donors, and non-U.S. donors; prefer experience with corporate partnerships
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or other Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems and donor database
- Proven ability to write, read and speak using the English language
- Professional to native level of fluency in French speaking, writing and reading required.
- Experience living or working in countries where Pathfinder works, which helps to understand program context, ground realities and technical needs
Preferred Skill and Work Experience:
- Funding Sources: In-depth knowledge of US government donor agencies (eg, USAID, CDC, Department of State), non-US donor agencies, foundations, and corporations as potential funding sources.
- Fundraising Principles and Practices: In-depth knowledge of corporate and foundation fundraising, including standards and guidelines for writing proposals and managing all corporate and foundation solicitation efforts. foundations.
- Research and Development: Demonstrated ability to keep abreast of current issues, new funding trends and SRHR research.
- Reports: Proven ability to read and interpret data for proven ability to generate and present standard reports.
- Software Applications: Advanced knowledge of MS PowerPoint, Excel, proficiency in Adobe Acrobat knowledge.
- Problem Solving: Proven ability to develop and present solutions tailored to specific needs and situations.
- Passion for sexual and reproductive health services: Commitment to family planning, reproductive health services, gender, maternal, child health services and the eradication of harmful traditional practices
- Proposal Development and Writing: Proven ability to lead, develop and present winning proposals.
- Various funding mechanisms: Knowledge of various funding mechanisms, with a particular focus on large foundations, European donors, FCDO and pursuing corporate partnerships.
- Regulations: Thorough knowledge of US Government and USAID rules and regulations.
- Networking: Proven ability to network and manage multiple and complex activities.
- Uses cell and desk phone, laptop or desktop computer.
- May lead the proposal development process on major high-value efforts.
- May represent Pathfinder to donors and external agencies in various locations, some in partnership with technical or executive leaders.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Instruction: Interested candidates are requested to include contact details of at least 3 references in their CV
Application Deadline 25th November, 2022.