GREAT Scholarships offers scholarships from UK universities, across a variety of subjects for students from 18 countries.
Each scholarship is worth a minimum of £10,000 towards tuition fees for a one-year taught postgraduate course.
Each scholarship is jointly funded by the UK government’s GREAT Britain Campaign and the British Council with participating UK higher education institutions.
As part of the programme, all GREAT scholars will be invited to a welcome event in the first semester and a networking event in the second semester.
Applications for the 2022-23 academic year are open.
For the 2022-23 academic year there are ten postgraduate scholarships available at the following institutions. Please visit the university page below for more information and how to apply:
GREAT Scholarships for justice and law
For the 2022-23 academic year there are three justice and law scholarships available at the following institutions. Please visit the university page below for more information and how to apply:
What are we looking for in a GREAT scholar?
To be eligible for a scholarship, you must:
- be a citizen of Nigeria.
- have an undergraduate degree, be motivated, and have an interest in the proposed subject area
- meet the English language requirement of the UK HEI
- establish an engagement with the UK as a scholar, through personal and academic fulfilment
- be willing to attend a networking event of all UK based GREAT scholars, to discuss experiences and capture perceptions of studying in the UK
- be willing to maintain contact with the British Council and their HEI and act as an ambassador for the GREAT Scholarships
- as an alumnus of the GREAT Scholarships, be willing occasionally to speak to potential candidates about his or her own experience of studying in the UK
How to apply
- Visit the university page above to find out more information and then follow the link through to the university’s website.
- Apply for individual scholarships following the instructions given on each universities’ scholarship webpages.
- The deadline to apply for a GREAT Scholarship varies according to each institution. For details on individual institutions’ deadlines, please see the institution page.
- Successful scholars will be informed by individual universities on the result of their applications.
- Scholarship funding will be issued to successful scholars by individual universities after registration.
- For more information, visit https://study-uk.britishcouncil.org/scholarships/great-scholarships
Abia State, Abuja, Adamawa State, Akwa Ibom State, Anambra State, Bauchi State, Bayelsa State, Benue State, Borno State, Cross River State, Delta State, Ebonyi State, Edo State, Ekiti State, Enugu State, Gombe State, Imo State, Jigawa State, Kaduna State, Kano State, Katsina State, Kebbi State, Kogi State, Kwara State, Lagos State, Nasarawa State, Niger State, Ogun State, Ondo State, Osun State, Oyo State, Plateau State, Rivers State, Sokoto State, Taraba State, Yobe State, Zamfara State