Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is a non-profit organization that promotes socio-economic development by supporting global health and economic initiatives in Nigeria. AHNi currently has its headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Technical Officer – Laboratory Services
Location: Cross River
Job Category: Fixed Term
- Will support the implementation of high-quality laboratory services including building laboratory capacity at health facility sites to combat HIV, TB, malaria and other infectious diseases across all EpiC supported facilities and communities.
- In addition, provide support to EpiC supported facilities to improve the quality of laboratory services available in the facilities in line with National guidelines.
- Provide technical assistance in capacity building for laboratory services at the designated states of activity implementation and other settings as appropriate.
- Carry out quality control functions/ activities, in collaboration with the state team, of the labs, including quality control inspections schedules and the collection of quality control records; ensure the availability of high-quality documentation.
- Develop quality control and quality assurance systems in collaboration with existing personnel and systems and ensure related documentation, training and monitoring.
- S/He will provide technical leadership and technical support related to the laboratory services and management component of HIV/AIDS care and treatment in EpiC-support health facilities in Cross River State.
- Also, s/he will coordinate the design, planning and implementation of the laboratory component of HIV/AIDS care and treatment, including ART in collaboration with state and community level project clinical staff, laboratory specialists and state and local government stakeholders.
Minimum Recruitment Standards
- BMSL Degree in Laboratory Sciences or related field with 1-3 years post national youth service experience in provision of Laboratory support for HIV/AIDS.
- Knowledge of advanced Laboratory procedures, diagnosis and management related to PCR Lab.
- Certification or License to practice as a Medical Laboratory Scientist is an added advantage.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health system such Teaching Hospitals and NGOs is highly desirable.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward a Suitability Statement (Application) and Resume (CV) as a single MS Word document to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Only applications sent electronically (i.e., by e-mail) with the job title and location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- AHNi is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Disclaimer: AHNi does not charge Candidates a fee for a test or interview
Application Deadline 18th April, 2022.