St. Saviour’s School Ebute – Metta, the pioneer School of the St. Saviour’s Schools (St. Saviour’s School, Ebute – Metta and St. Saviour’s School, Ikoyi) was founded in 1951 and for 47 years provided quality education to primary school-age children. In 1998 the St. Saviour’s School, Ebute – Metta in a bid to continue nurturing children, started the nursery school and today proudly provides an enabling environment which inspires excellence and lifelong learning to children between ages 3 and 11.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Teacher
Location: Ebute- metta, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Accountable to: Head Teacher
- To support the teachers and pupils
- The Assistant Teacher will work in a direct support role, generally providing assistance to the lead/class teacher as he/she guide the class through lessons by preparing materials, interacting with students, and supervision.
- Teach a class of pupils in the stead of the lead/class teacher, and ensure that planning, preparation, recording, assessment, and reporting meet their varying learning and social needs.
The Assistant Teacher will:
- Assist the Class Teacher to provide a stimulating classroom environment, where resources can be accessed appropriately by all pupils.
- Assist the Class Teacher in the organisation and management of the learning environment and resources.
- Support the Class Teacher in Teaching and Learning including working with groups or individual pupils as required.
- Assist with the supervision of children at playtime, eating, and toilet routines, and on school visits
- Monitor the movement of children within the school environment and ensure their safety at all times.
- Assist the Class Teacher to maintain order and discipline amongst pupils, in accordance with the school’s policies and guidelines.
- Support the class teacher to maintain student grading and keep appropriate and efficient records, integrating formative and summative assessment into weekly and termly planning.
- Attend staff meetings, seminars, co-curricular events.
- Participate in meetings which relate to the school’s management, curriculum development programs, student activities, faculty committees, administration or organisation.
- Attend educational workshops, trainings, and professional improvement programs to maintain professional competence.
- Participate in the performance management system for the appraisal of their own performance, or that of other teachers.
- Set clear targets, based on prior attainment, for pupils’ learning
- Support the class teacher to write report to parents on the development, progress, and attainment of pupils
- Liaise with specialists from outside agencies equipment
- Assist with out of school activities as may be needed
- Ensure prompt and regular attendance of pupils
- Promote a professional image of self as a Teacher including dressing appropriately as a professional to uphold the name of the school
- Teach a class of pupils in the stead of the lead teacher
- Teach specific subjects as assigned
- Undertake such duties that may be reasonably regarded as within the nature of the duties of the post. Any changes of a permanent nature shall be incorporated into the job description in specific terms.
- Any other duties as required and directed by the Head Teacher.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Education
- License to teach as an academic
- Minimum of 2 years’ teaching experience
- Technical Competencies:
- Classroom and time Management Skills
- Ability to teach adaptable teaching practices
- Effective pupils’ assessment
- Ability to design lesson plan
- Curriculum Building
- Ability to use interactive devices for teaching
- Proficiency with computers, especially MS Office
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Intuition and insight
- Ability to motivate others
- Student Achievement.
- Parent Referrals.
- Attendance Rates.
- Graduation Rates.
- ParentSatisfaction Rates.
Application Closing Date
20th July, 2021.