Alan & Grant – Our work is focused on creating innovative HR and Organizational Development Solutions aimed at Performance Improvement & Business Growth. We currently serve clients across various sectors of the Economy from locations in Jos, Port Harcourt and Lagos.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Assistant General Manager
Employment Type: Full Time
Duties & Responsibilities
- To prepare, organize and run all events at or catered by the company. Liaison between all departments and the client.
- Maintain appropriate enforcement of government rules and regulations related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- To ensure that complaints or problems are acted upon without delay and that effective follow-up action takes place to avoid a recurrence.
- To be aware of current trends in the industry and suggest how these could be implemented for the company’s benefit.
- To attend meetings and training courses as required and continually strive for the improvement of professional skills.
- Together with CLO, execute events for the USG staff benefit and welfare.
- Maintain American culture and values at the club through effective communication, planned program of formal meetings, and entertainment.
- Manage membership application procedure and acceptance. Lead new member orientations and ensure rules and regulations are always adhered to.
- To provide effective leadership through professional management & encouragement of members of the company’s staff.
- To ensure that staff are totally conversant with and best practices for foodservice and hospitality.
- To ensure that the company’s staff are fully conversant with and implementing all company’s policies and procedures.
- To review, analyse and report to the GM monthly usage of the Club, member feedback, attendance at special events, spending trends at the bar/restaurant, to constantly contribute to adjustments in staffing needs, contribute to financial planning, improve communications with members, and highlight areas for needed improvements.
- Assist the GM with other duties as assigned.
- A minimum Degree in Business or Marketing & Communications is preferred.
- The ability to read, write, and speak English fluently.
- Previous work experience in the hospitality industry and working with Americans or the U.S. government would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of food safety and sanitation standards for food and hotel service operations.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in hospitality management or related field
- The ability to develop and implement creative marketing tools and dynamic strategies to increase revenue
- Knowledge of sales management and other Microsoft Office suite software.
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply