Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc has been a part of the lives of Nigerians at home and abroad. Our global vision is to be a leading foods company in Africa providing high quality and affordable products in the most convenient ways to consumers through world class brands like Golden Penny Flour, Golden Penny Semovita, Goldenvita, Golden Pasta and Golden Noodles. The Company’s flagship brand, Golden Penny, remains one of the best known and the preferred brands amongst bakers, confectioneries and consumers in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Assistant Farm Manager – Agri Palm
- Supervision of all Agricultural aspects on Estates (nurseries, land development, harvesting and maintenance activities)
- Work closely with other supervisors and department heads to maximize productivity and cost savings.
- Manage usage of fertilizer, chemical and fuel within budget, unless different arrangements have been implemented.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant company policies and promote responsible business operations.
- Build and maintain professional relationship with all contractors, suppliers, stake holders and host communities.
- Provide training to all plantation workers when required.
- Be creative to improve plantation practices, standard and productivity.
- Ensure proper management of infrastructure and machinery.
- Coordinate and manage transportation of plantation workers.
- Assisting Farm Manager, in preparing budget annual budget and estimates
- Scheduling and coordinate harvesting and maintenance plans / activities on Estates as per budget.
- Conduct daily field and nursery inspections with daily feedback to Farm Manager at end of business day or when required.
- Ensure all activities in Plantations are to highest possible standard for Oil Palm industry.
- First Degree in Agriculture or any other related field.
- Master’s degree or equivalent is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years’ cognate experience in Oil Palm Plantation.
- Must have a good general knowledge of modern Agricultural practices, chemicals and fertilizers.
- Must have strong communication skills and the knowhow to earn respect from colleagues.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Office (Excel and Word).
- Must be result driven with a passion for success and the industry.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply