Greenlight Planet is a multinational, for-profit business that designs, distributes, and finances solar-powered home energy products, with an underserved population in mind: the 1.3 billion global consumers for whom the old-fashioned electrical grid is either unavailable or too expensive.
Over a decade in business, the company is now a leading global brand in emerging markets across Asia and Sub-Saharan Africa. Greenlight’s Sun King™ products provide modern light and energy to 26 million people in more than 40 countries and have sold over 10.5 million products worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Area Sales Executive – MFI
Location: Bauchi, Nigeria
Job Type: Full Time
Reporting to: Area Sales Manager
- We are looking for someone who is driven, passionate and excited about the opportunity to bring honest, affordable, energy to homes in Africa and Asia.
- If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
- The Area Sales Executive will work closely with the Commercial team (Partnership Sales) to serve existing and potential Microfinance Institution partners by providing product and service information, supporting trade activations while resolving product issues effectively.
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Responsible for driving sales across consumer sales channels in the assigned territory.
- Branch level inventory management
- Receiving client queries and resolving consumer and channel queries with stipulated guidelines and timelines.
- Efficiently supporting trade activations and marketing campaigns as per set plans.
- Planning and conducting product and sales training to partner staff.
- Fulfilling within reasonable time aftersales and warranty requirements.
- Consolidating reports on competition, routes traveled, branches visited and activated, sales and stock position, etc.
- Performing any other duties that may be assigned.
The ideal Area Sales Executive – MFI:
- Degree or advanced Diploma in a business administration/ sales and marketing
- Ready to travel 75% of the time
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good communication skills with fluency in both written and spoken English and spoken local language corresponding to the area of responsibility (Yoruba / Edo / Igbo / Hausa – as applicable)
- Two to five years’ hands-on work experience in service/ FMCG or Renewable Energy industry
- Proficiency in MS Excel, MS Word, and MS PowerPoint
- Strong customer focus and keen to deliver high standards of service
- Results-oriented and able to prioritize measurable objectives.
- Possesses an Android phone.
- Greenlight Planet offers competitive compensation, a fun, supportive work environment, and opportunities for continued professional growth within a fast-growing global enterprise.