Lagoon Hospitals is the only Nigerian Hospital group accredited by the Joint Commission International, and one of two groups in Sub-Saharan African to be so accredited. The Hospital was first accredited in 2011 and re-accredited in 2015, 2018 and 2021. This is a guarantee of safe and quality healthcare that meets international standards.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Anaesthetic Technician
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: Chief Intensivist and Consultant Anesthetist
- This role is responsible for providing direct clinical assistance to anesthetists, ensure safe operational anesthetic and ancillary equipment in the operating theatre and maintaining a high standard of patient care
- Stocking & preparation of anaesthetic rooms, ensuring all rooms and equipment trolleys are stocked in accordance with the stocking list for each theatre.
- Receiving patients from theatre reception, checking verbally the full names and hospital number with wrist band and ensure the adequate operative consent has been signed consistent with the operation list.
- Transferring patients to the operating room and to post-operative care units after procedures.
- Assisting with safe positioning of patients.
- When required, provide assistance outside the operating theatre in other units like the Intensive Care Unit, Emergency Department, CT Scanning Suite, MRI Unit, or other areas of the hospitals
- Checking and preparation of anaesthetic machines, intravenous drugs and ancillary equipment including cleaning, disinfection and sterilization of equipment.
- Preparation, application and establishment of patients monitoring equipment.
- Provide professional, clinical and technical assistance to the anaesthetist during all anaesthetic procedures and other times.
- Carry out other duties as assigned
Key Result Areas / Performance Goals
- Anaesthetic Rooms to be kept to a high degree of cleanliness
- Sterilization of all anaesthetic equipment
- Incidence reporting and adequate documentation
- Use of SOPS/adherence to quality standards
- Interested candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Certificate of Training as Anesthetic Technician
- 2 – 3 years post qualification experience is desired
- Basic Life Support skills
- I-CARE attitude (Integrity, Compassion, Attentiveness, Respect, Excellence and Empathy)
- Computer literacy
- Good organizational skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Attention to detail.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should
Click here to apply