Leverage Seeds Limited is an indigenous seed company helping farmers maximize their profit through provision of genetically pure seeds of improved crop varieties, affordable fertilizers and agrochemicals, as well as guide farmers on Good Agronomic Practices for bumper harvest.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Agronomist
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Employment Type: Contract
Recruitment type: 1-year renewable contract
- Preparation of workplans and budgets for annual seed production activities (out-growers), seed quality testing of available seeds stock and scheduling of restocking of seeds based on results of quality parameters.
- Coordination of seed processing activities and warehousing
- Establishment of seed and vegetable production fields
- Establishment of demonstration plots for training of farmers on good agronomic practices
- Development of quick production guide for crops such tomatoes, cucumber, maize, soybean, rice, and yam.
- Training and supervision of general staff
- Preparation of budget, technical reports, and financial reporting on project activities
- Conduct and management of field trials and seed production activities
- Data collection, analysis, and presentation of results to scientific community
- Conduct of laboratory tests on soil, seed, and crop samples
- Any other duty assigned by the management
- M.Sc in Agriculture with at least 2 years of relevant experience or B.Sc in Agriculture or a related discipline with not less than 3 years of relevant experience in similar role.
- Experience in processing sesame, soya beans, ginger and tumeric will be an added advantage
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] , [email protected] or [email protected] using “Agronomist – Oyo State at Leverage Seeds Limited” as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 30th December, 2022.