Social Impact (SI) is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997, we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
In Nigeria, SI supports Navanti to implement the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Support Activity which provides comprehensive MEL and Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) support to strengthen USAID/Nigeria’s results for increased learning and accountability and contribute to implementation of its Country Development Cooperation Strategy.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Agricultural Economist, Agribusiness Performance Evaluation
- The primary purpose of this mid-term performance evaluation is to determine whether the assistance provided by USAID/Nigeria through the Nigeria Agribusiness Investment Activity is meeting the stated development objectives, and to understand the lessons learned from this particular Activity in Nigeria. It is intended to provide an independent examination of the overall progress and accomplishments of the Nigeria Agribusiness Investment Activity.
- The estimated start date will be October 1, 2021 . The evaluation is expected to last until January 2023, and the estimated LOE will be 46 days.
- SI is seeking an Agricultural Economist who will who will provide technical support to the evaluation team.
- The Agricultural Economist will be working alongside three team members: Team Leader, Agribusiness Specialist, and Evaluation Specialist.
- Perform desk review and identify additional information required for analysis.
- Provide technical expertise on costing framework and support the Team Leader’s efforts in evaluation design, methodology, and data collection instruments.
- Write assigned sections of the draft evaluation report in coordination with team members, taking into consideration feedback from the preliminary findings presentation.
- Work collaboratively with team members throughout design, implementation, analysis, and report writing to complement each other’s areas of expertise.
- Schedule and interview key stakeholders and beneficiaries.
- Provide ongoing analysis of qualitative and quantitative data.
- Support the preparation and presentation of the key findings and recommendations to USAID/Nigeria.
- Must possess technical competence in the field of Agriculture, Agricultural Policy, Agribusiness and Agriculture value chains, Economics, or related fields.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years conducting both qualitative and quantitative evaluations with capacity building, strong report writing and analytical skills.
- Must demonstrate strong knowledge of the Nigerian agricultural policy and agricultural finance environment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Candidates are reviewed on a rolling basis, early submission is recommended
Application Deadline 15th September, 2021.