The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Agribusiness Development Assistant
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Recruitment Type: National (2-year renewable contract)
Contract: 2-year renewable contract
- Provide technical support in designing crop and livestock chain value development.
- Provide capacity-building support in the area of agribusiness plan development and establishment of agribusiness enterprises.
- Ensure timely capturing of relevant agronomic data, good curation of collected data, and timely delivery to supervisor.
- Provide administrative support in the area of agribusiness engagements and innovations, research, and project implementation.
- Provide support in the development of annual work plans, budget, and report writing.
- Participate in the establishment, supervision, and management of all research and demonstration fields.
- Participate in the establishment, supervision, and management of field operations, cross-cutting various unit projects.
- Provide capacity-building support during training on crop production.
- Perform any other job-related task as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- BSc / HND Plant Science, Forestry, Agricultural Science or any other related field with a minimum of two (2) years’ experience performing a similar or related role in a well-structured organization.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have basic knowledge of agronomic data collection.
- Have ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Be able to perform multiple tasks and work under pressure.
- Have data capturing and report writing skills.
- Have good communication skills (writing, reading, and speaking).
We offer highly competitive salaries with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 14th December, 2022.
- Interested applicants should complete the online application by attaching a detailed Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format
- The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague, and evidence of current remuneration package.
- IITA is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce, particularly welcoming applications from women.
- While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted