Student Connect Global Nigeria Limited – We are a UK based higher education consultancy committed to creating a rewarding higher education experience for international students in the UK. Since its inception in 2010, Student Connect has been successful in shaping the academic aspirations of over 2000 students from several countries across the globe. The highly experienced Student Connect team collaborates with over 20 leading higher education institutions in the UK and has a global presence in South Asia (Bangladesh, India, Sri Lanka, Nepal), Sub-Saharan Africa (Nigeria, Ghana, Tanzania and Kenya), Middle East (Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Qatar, UAE) and Russia.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Admissions and Recruitment Officer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- Internal Contacts: Chief Executive Officer, Director of Operations, Branch Manager, Admissions Officers, administrative staff, Recruitment Officers • Communications and Marketing.
- External Contacts – Prospective Students: University student recruitment agents and representatives, British Council, local higher educational institutions including universities and colleges, Embassies and Ministries of Education, UK Higher Education Institutions, Sponsoring organisations, International feeder schools and colleges.
- The role is mainly to support the International Development Manager Nigeria in their day to day activities, prioritising their work load and supporting them with their agenda. The International Development Manager will decide the tasks and workloads and the post holder is expected to take direction from them.
- Develop and manage the sales channels across the allocated regions as agreed with the Senior Leadership Team of Student Connect, delivering against the recruitment targets for that region across all channels.
- Communicate with all leads generated and ensure conversion of those leads to applications and use Student Connect services.
- To give accurate information, advice and guidance to prospective students about courses at various universities, the application process and the provision of scholarships available.
- Promoting the UK as a study destination and routinely engage in public speaking, public relations and liaison.
- To be one of the faces of Student Connect in the given region representing the organization to external clients in the highest professional manner including exhibition attendance, visits to partner universities, schools, colleges and other key stakeholders.
- Monitor the provision of a customer focused service to applicants and enquirers, ensuring a prompt processing of applications and queries, meeting agreed turnaround times and maintaining an efficient operation at all times
- Monitor and report on sector developments in admissions policies to enable Student Connect to anticipate change and plan their response.
- Research and operationalise an effective marketing and recruitment plan to ensure all targets are met, our brand is enhanced, and entry requirements are adhered to.
- Facilitating visits by University staff, Student Connect staff during marketing trips and events.
- Managing recruitment activities within the agreed budget and to deadlines.
- Shape the activity of the Student Connect Ltd area to anticipate and meet new market demands, facilitate quality progression opportunities, and generate income.
- Create a culture of continuous improvement; Take a leading role in projects relating to admissions or applicant services, as required by the management; Undertake any other reasonable duties commensurate with the grade of the post.
- To design, develop and implement discrete recruitment-related projects to support the recruitment and conversion of international students.
- Providing high quality market intelligence, expert knowledge and data to inform the development of country strategies and to identify new business opportunities.
- To be responsible for producing, delivering, managing and exceeding the International recruitment strategy within a defined region and accountable for the performance of the assigned region.
- To manage the performance against the target of enrolled students in various UK higher education institutions through an effective network of channels.
- To work closely and effectively with the wider marketing and recruitment team, including admissions and marketing, to ensure a coherent and sector leading approach to the market.
- Contribute to the wider business through sharing of best practice and engagement with the wider marketing and recruitment community and supporting or driving business development opportunities.
- The duties listed are not exhaustive and may be varied from time to time as dictated by the changing needs of Student Connect. The post holder will be expected to undertake other duties as appropriate and as requested by his/her manager. These duties are a guide to the work that the post holder will be required to, and they may change (within reasonable limits) to reflect the changing needs of a dynamic higher education industry. As the needs of the Company change so the above job profile may be adjusted accordingly
- Academic qualification in a relevant subject
- A minimum of 2 years marketing/ sales experience
- Experience in the education industry.
- Experience in carrying out administrative duties, multi-tasking and self-management.
- A good understanding of working with MS Office, work emails and Sharepoint and general awareness of social media usage.
- Excellent telephone manner and also written communication to a wide range of audience.
- Excellent planning and organization skills with ability to work under pressure and complete conﬂicting priorities.
- The postholder will be expected to work ﬂexibly to meet the needs of the service. This will involve travel within their country and overseas and a period of time working away from home.
- Track record of success in the sales environment in any given industry and proven achievements in sales growth in difficult circumstances.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision but also have the ability to work with teams based in the UK.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to present, inﬂuence and negotiate in a professional manner.
- Excellent IT skills including all Office applications and general awareness of operating all social media platforms.
- Ability to be ﬂexible and adaptable to changing priorities as per business needs.
- A record of success in inﬂuencing others at all levels in particular when there are difficult decisions to be made.
- UK higher education experience or having lived in the UK previously as a resident.
- Experience of working with and recruiting international students to education institutions.
- A good understanding of the strategic issues facing UK higher education including UK immigration knowledge.
- Educated to undergraduate degree level or Master degree level from the UK, USA, Canada, Australia, Schengen area or New Zealand would be an advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letters to: [email protected] using the job title and the location as the subject of the e-mail
Application Deadline 27th May, 2021.