Breakthrough ACTION ignites collective action and encourages people to adopt healthier behavior – from using modern contraceptive methods and sleeping under bed nets to being tested for HIV and preventing the spread of zoonotic diseases – by forging, testing, and scaling up new and hybrid approaches to social and behavior change.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative Consultant
Employment Type: Full Time
- The Admin Consultant will provide key support to current and future BA-N Administrative and Procurement needs.
- S/he will support the coordination of administrative services and procurement services to ensure efficient and effective running of all functions.
- Ensure procurement of goods and services for the project are in accordance with USAID and institutional rules and regulations. Obtain quotes from local suppliers in an efficient and timely manner, adhering to USAID and JHU procurement policies. Conduct bid review, vendor selection, contract negotiations and draft contracts.
- Support Admin staff to Identify potential suppliers for goods and services including but not limited to office supplies and stationery, food vendors, hotels, car hire, non- consulting services.
- Prepare selection documents to engage radio stations, print, TV and social media management services – ensuring value for money-based selection. Also prepare contract modifications for radio stations.
- Review procurement and payment requests from focal states to ensure accurateness, price and justification reasonableness and compliance with donor and organizations procurement policies
- Process invoices and ensure all supporting documents are provided.
- Assist with ticketing, hotel reservations for lodging and workshops, data and airtime purchases.
- Assist with drafting bidding documents (RFPs, RFQs, RFIs), contracts, LPOs.
- Compile bids and bid evaluation documents, selection memos and contracts for state level and Country Office procurement, ensuring complete documentation for each procurement request.
- Manage the vendor database and procurement database at the country office.
- Other duties as assigned.
Eligibility (Qualifications / Skills)
- Bachelor’s Degree with minimum of 3 years verifiable experience in procurement, handling vendor selections, bid evaluations and contracts.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Customer-service orientation skills, with the motivation and ability to function independently or as a team member
- Excellent attention to detail is needed for this consultancy service.
- Experience with USAID funded projects is desirable.
- Good knowledge of word, excel packages
- Proven ability to communicate effectively regarding sensitive and confidential matters.
- Excellent English communication skills required in both verbal and written.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 19th October, 2022.