Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) is on a mission to create a world where no mother, child, or family is devastated by HIV and AIDS, and we are making an impact. We are a proven leader in the global fight to end HIV and AIDS, and an advocate for every child to live a full and healthy life into adulthood. For more than 30 years, EGPAF has been a leader in meeting urgent needs in pediatric HIV and AIDS in the world’s most affected regions. We carry out our values of passion, innovation, teamwork, leadership, integrity, excellence and equity every day, while maximizing our impact in the communities we serve.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative and Finance Assistant
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Employment Duration: Full-time
Reports To: Program Manager, Nigeria
How will you fight for an AIDS-free generation?
- EGPAF currently supports a suite of pediatric and adolescent-focused HIV programs in Nigeria, primarily through technical assistance modalities. These programs include one effort focused on optimizing pediatric and adolescent HIV service delivery, and two efforts focused on optimizing pediatric and adolescent treatment through the provision of second- and third-line ART and a research study related to pediatric and adolescent second and third line ART.
- We are seeking a qualified, highly resourceful and dynamic Administrative and Finance Assistant to coordinator administrative, secretarial, and financial support services for the implementation of EGPAF’s program strategies in Nigeria.
No two days are alike at EGPAF, but what can you expect as a Technical Officer?
- Coordinate all administrative and secretarial support services for the implementation of EGPAF’s program strategies
- Assist with effective management of day to day operations of the office
- Receive visitors to the office with a high standard of courtesy and hospitality and direct them appropriately
- Support the organization of internal and external meetings and events as directed which may include setting up of rooms/venues, arranging catering and refreshments, ensuring the necessary equipment and materials are in place and functioning.
- Review outgoing correspondence for accuracy (address, attachments etc.) and conformance with formal formatting procedures and special instructions prior to dispatch
- Arrange travel logistics for staff, consultants and training participants including hotel reservations and where required airport and hotel pick-ups
- Facilitate retirement of trips for program staff and non-EGPAF staff where required.
- Develop and maintain an updated address book of all key partners and stakeholders
- Record minutes of staff meetings and circulate same amongst the staff and meeting attendees
- Assist in documentation and archiving of program documents, records and reports in line with EGPAF’s requirements
- Process financial transactions and verify that information and supporting documentation is timely, accurate, complete and in compliance with EGPAF’s financial, policies
- Perform bank reconciliations
- Support in the payments of participants and other beneficiaries
- Respond to routine queries on status of payments, requests for general information and other budgetary issues
- Maintain stock records for stationery and supplies for the office, working with suppliers, verifying receipt of supplies, and requisitioning in line with office procedures.
- Maintain and update spreadsheets and databases for internal expenditure control purposes.
- Prepare regular financial reports
- Disburse travel advances and reconcile staff advance accounts
- Assists the Program Manager in the maintenance of an efficient filing and recording of financial and administrative files
- Perform bank related activities; picking up monthly bank statements, cashing checks, deliver communications, etc.
- Assist with uploading of payment on the online banking platform
- Other duties as assigned.
To be successful, you will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Business Degree or any other related field.
- 2 – 3 years relevant experience
- Experience with automated accounting systems and MS Office Suite
- Experience managing procurements and tracking inventory, coordinator travel and logistics, and working in a fast-paced environment with multi-tasking and deadlines
- Excellent analytical thinking with the ability to detect and report inconsistencies.
Bonus points if you have:
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply