Precious Palm Royal Hotel is a sensational resort strategically located in a serene and cozy and Transport, Headquarters, Lagos – Benin Expressway. Isiohor, Ugbowo environment; and shares a common boundary with the Nigerian Army School of Supply, Benin City, Edo State, Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
Location: Benin, Edo
Employment Type: Full-time
- Ensure that the guests have best possible experience by trouble-shooting and resolving all billing-related disputes.
- Maintain files of all contracts, tax reports, expenses, payroll, etc.
- Maintain and transfer money between bank accounts as required.
- Responsible for the local tax authority compliance of the hotel. Monitors all local tax compliance that applies, and ensuring that taxes are charged correctly and collected.
- Effectively implement all accounting policies and procedures when necessary.
- Assist proactively with cost control requirements.
- Assist with revenue enhancement possibilities.
- Assist with profit improvement opportunities for the hotel operations.
- Monitor and improve hotels operation costs, profitability and manage business risks.
- Ensure profits and losses are documented accurately.
- Oversee internal, external and regulatory audit processes.
- Prepare asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Document financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommend financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarize current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Maintain accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Guide account department staff by on their various assigned duties/activities
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secure financial information by completing data base backups.
- Prepare payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Comply with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Prepare special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintain customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Manage all phases of Accounts Payable, Receivable and department budget.
- In charge of salary payment.
- Prepare regular reports and summaries of accounting activities.
- Prepare financial statements and debtors’ lists.
- Verify recorded transactions and report irregularities to management.
- Reviewing all ledger details – guest ledger and deposit ledgers to validate proper payment and revenue posting.
- Oversee the activities of all the Cashiers and cross checking their various books of transaction daily
- Review postings, payments, revenue and guest balance reports on a daily basis.
- Keep track of debtors and creditors accounts
- Forecast cash payments and anticipate challenges arising from limited cash flow.
- Ensure that cash flows are adequate to allow business units to operate effectively.
- Any other duty that might be assign by management from time to time.
- Candidates should possess a Master’s Degree or B.Sc Degree with at least 7 years work experience.
Application Deadline: 20th September, 2021.