Chris Ejik Group of Companies, incorporated in 1987, Chris Ejik Group is a multi-dimensional company with interest in Power Generation &Transmission, Pharmaceutical & Healthcare Products, Electronics, and Agro Allied Products.Carving a niche for itself, Chris Ejik Group and its subsidiaries operates in several sectors of the Nigerian economy and is on the move to cover more grounds.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Account Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
- To assist in meeting all the financial needs of the company by monitoring and maintaining effective financial systems.
- To ensure that the financial policies/procedures of the company are implemented efficiently and in line with generally accepted accounting principles and practices, both nationally and globally; using the principles to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports.
- Provide valid inputs to ensure the internal accounting policies and procedures remain relevant to the needs of the company.
- Attend to banking transactions and businesses e.g. depositing, withdrawals, foreign exchange transfers, etc.
- Participate and provide inputs in the preparation, approval and execution process of the annual budget and regular forecasts
- Improve the systems surrounding all aspects of the company’s budgets, forecasts and business planning.
- Participate effectively in the management of the fund disbursement process in line with approved plans.
- Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded
- Update accounts receivable and issue invoices
- Update accounts payable and perform reconciliations
- Assist in the processing of balance sheets, income statements and other financial statements according to legal and company accounting and financial guidelines
- Assist with reviewing of expenses, payroll records etc. as assigned
- Update financial data in databases to ensure that information will be accurate and immediately available when needed
- Assist senior accountants in the preparation of monthly/yearly closings
- Participate and provide inputs in the articulation and development of the Finance and Accounts departmental strategy.
- Ensure accurate and timely preparation of the assigned portions of the management accounts.
Requirements and Experience
- A University Degree in Accounting or related field.
- Minimum of two (2) years working experience
- Basic knowledge in the following key areas:
- Excellent IT skills with high proficiency in the use of MS Excel and accounting packages like Tally e.t.c.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Professional qualification such as: ACA, ACCA, etc is an added advantage.
Application Deadline: 20th August, 2021.